Backhoe CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe?

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #1  

timg125

Tractor
2017 Kioti CK3510
Hey everyone,

I have a '17 CK3510 w/ FEL (66 inch). We are considering adding a backhoe to it. Unsure of what one specifically, just looking for a good local deal. We will not be going with a 3pt option. I've seen Kioti's and Woods options come up recently, it would likely be one of those two brands.

Do you guys know what we would need to add to the tractor to handle a backhoe? The tractor has never had one so only has stock setup in the rear. What if the backhoe has a hydraulic thumb?

And if I went the Woods route, I'd likely then need to also pick up a subframe, any idea of the cost of those? I can't seem to find much info online and cross referencing to find subframe info is very difficult.

Thanks for any help or insight!

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #2  
Not much at all needs to be done - assuming you've already got a set of hydraulic connections on the back already. (I'm going to guess you do? If not, that's the one thing you'll need.) Hydraulic thumb should be controlled from the backhoe itself so that also means nothing to do on the tractor itself.
Good choice going with a frame mount.
Either brand will work well, if you're buying used insist to see it in operation - I'd be cautious if a seller wasn't willing to. (When I bought mine the seller didn't have a tractor that would attach to the hoe but he happily hooked up the hydraulics and we operated all the controls without it mounted on the tractor.) Obviously check the conditions of all the joints and hydraulic connections.
I can't comment on price, for the Woods frame I'd call a supplier and ask them or Woods directly. Hoe's aren't cheap but you can find the odd decent deal occasionally. I'm very happy I spent the money on one, been a huge back saver already.

E.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #3  
And if I went the Woods route, I'd likely then need to also pick up a subframe, any idea of the cost of those? I can't seem to find much info online and cross referencing to find subframe info is very difficult.

Woods has a catalog of subframes on their website. Expect to pay at least $1500 for one. I bought one from them once, for a Kubota. All my other subframes have been custom-made.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe?
You say "assuming you've already got a set of hydraulic connections on the back already". I don't think I do. Back end is bone stock, so unless it came with a connection that I don't easily see, I don't think it does. What would I need to add those? A set of rear remotes? I'm a novice with this.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #5  
Yeah, rear remotes. You'll need one set if you don't have one already but if you have none I'd strongly suggest getting 2 sets. That will be an option for your tractor. (1 or 2 sets) Right now you might only need one set but you'll more then likely want at least 2 later on and I think it'll be cheaper in the long run to install 2 right away.
For example - my little tractor Kioti only offers one set so I had to build my own extra remotes as 1 set was quickly not enough.

E.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #6  
In your case I would highly recommend going to the dealer and having a Kioti brand backhoe. Like others have said, the will need to install rear hydraulics (I strongly agree with Everhard, get the two set setup), a subframe and then the backhoe. Woods make great equipment but I would always go with O.E. for the loader and backhoe. They are built for your tractor and will resale better if you ever need to.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #7  
Woods and one other company whose name escapes me make almost all the backhoes found on tractors in the US. My first Kioti backhoe was a Woods and I'm guessing so is the new one. It is branded Kioti but I'd bet money it's a Woods.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #8  
Mike that is incorrect. Daedong (Kioti) makes their own backhoes and front loaders. Woods makes the implements (tillers, brush cutters, etc.) that are labeled Kioti brand. Kubota makes their own backhoes as well.

Last edited:
   / CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #9  
Mike that is incorrect. Daedong (Kioti) makes their own backhoes and front loaders. Woods makes the implements (tillers, brush cutters, etc.) that are labeled Kioti brand. Kubota makes their own backhoes as well. The problem (and difference) is that the Woods backhoes are PTO driven not hydraulically driven like the Kioti and even some other aftermarket brands. Your owners manual will say "not to use" a PTO driven backhoe. But then again it's your tractor you can do as you wish.

The manual says do not use three point hitch mounted backhoes.

I found no mention on using pto driven backhoes, only that any backhoe used must include a subframe.

/ CK3510 - What's needed to add backhoe? #10  
The manual says do not use three point hitch mounted backhoes.

I found no mention on using pto driven backhoes, only that any backhoe used must include a subframe.

You are right, I will edit that in my comments