Clamp on Bucket Forks

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #21  
I find that they work well for moving brush and tree limbs around and stacking burn piles. Most other stuff not so much.
Yup, that's the only thing I used them for till I build me a brush forks attachment thingie:

PXL_20220618_221050406.jpg

I got clamp-on forks which came with the tractor sale, honestly they're a farging pain to use. Even with a stabilizer bar, they'll move around on you unless you really clamp them down...at which point they dimple the bucket. I was debating selling them, but thought maybe one day I'll need them for an actual pallet needing lifting or whatever.

To the o/p, if you have regular use for pallet forks, I'd definitely recommend getting SSQI forks instead, but obviously provided yours is a SSQI loader.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #22  
I have a pair, no the ones you pictured. they work fine. the forks say they'll lift more than my FEL will. forks 1k for the pair. FEL about 800 in the bucket. get stuff out on the forks and that number goes down.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #23  
I recently bought a very similar set. Mostly use them for moving slash and logs on my property. Be aware that with all that leverage out in front of the FEL you'll need lots of weight in the back of the tractor to maintain balance.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #24  
for occasional and light duty use, I think they'd be fine. Get the right ones for your tractor.

i'm thinking of bolt ons, but they reduce capacity on my already small tractor - so I will probably save up and get the quick attach ones instead

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #25  
I got a set of the Titan Clamp on Forks for my BX2200 and it works great for moving large limbs to the chainsaw station. Along with light pallets.

I'm just wise and know the limits of the bucket. I've had them for a long time, and I've never ran into a problem.

Oh, and just make sure you run a heavy ballast.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks
I appreciate all the feedback. When I told a friend of mine I wanted to get a set of clamp on bucket forks, he showed me his used Kubota and it had a “smiley bucket”. The previous owner said he used clamp on bucket forks and it had bent the bucket. I’d rather have a flat straight edged bucket. I’m a bit **** and wouldn’t have a problem using clamp on forks but I’m afraid one of my helpers would end up overloading it and ruin my day! Thanks again for your input.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #27  
My dedicated pallet forks have been so much more useful than I assumed, so much so that I'm a big cheerleader for them. My most recent usage has been picking 800 lb pallet loads of bagged crushed stone out of my station wagon and holding them over the work site so I can place the bags as needed. My CUT lifted and handled the load just fine, though the tractor handling certainly felt different.

I think the ease with which somebody could overload clamp on forks and spoil the bucket is such a lurking hazard that if I only had a bucket, and then found free clamp ons, I'd pass them up.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #28  
NEVER use them!!!!! only takes one small overload second and you have destroyed your bucket! I modified a bubcat set to fit my NH L-781 and never looked back! IF you need forks --- get the real thing!!
MOST loaders nowdays are quick-tach,--- so why chance damage to your bucket! Also with the bucket kind you have the load WAY too far forward and off balance! Regular forks on quick-tach are MUCH closer to your lift point! just my 02 on the subject! Thanks!

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #29  
Anyone using clamp on forks similar to these? A set of forks would sure would be handy to have. I wouldn’t be picking more than 300-500 lbs. but I don’t want damage my bucket.
If you stick to the < 500lbs and space the forks out you shouldn't have a problem.
I've used my clamp-ons for moving a lot of lightweight brush, usually with a rope or strap around it to keep it from falling off.
I would not recommend trying to move pallets of block, but I have moved 1/4 pallets of block very short distance.
I rarely need to move heavy items that don't fit in the bucket, thus they have done fine by me.
And if your afraid your helper would overload them then you've a lot more to worry about besides your bucket.

But it's your wallet.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #30  
NEVER use them!!!!! only takes one small overload second and you have destroyed your bucket! I modified a bubcat set to fit my NH L-781 and never looked back! IF you need forks --- get the real thing!!
MOST loaders nowdays are quick-tach,--- so why chance damage to your bucket! Also with the bucket kind you have the load WAY too far forward and off balance! Regular forks on quick-tach are MUCH closer to your lift point! just my 02 on the subject! Thanks!
I have found if I attach the clamp on ones so that they have one side up against the edge of the bucket, it gives a little more support rather than having them right in the middle.
But still, keep the load under 250-300lbs.