Clamp on Bucket Forks

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #11  
I’ve never used that particular set of forks but I have used bucket forks. They suck. Aside from the obvious problems the bucket completely blocks your view and you’re stabbing blind.
I don't disagree dedicated forks would be a lot better. For myself, I can't justify them yet given my use pattern.

I have found that by standing up from my seat, I can see over the bucket to where the clamp-on fork tips are, which is good enough to get the angle right to slide where you need to be (as opposed to stabbing your truck or what's on your pallet), though of course you don't want to be moving the tractor that way. YMMV based on your loader geometry and how tall you are.

The choice of no forks / clamp-ons / dedicated forks reminds me of the progression

loader bucket w/tooth bar --> stump bucket --> backhoe --> mini-ex​

Each has huge limitations compared to the next one on the list (bear with me; the tooth bar does have broader uses; and the $ increments are less for the forks). But each is also a heck of a lot better than nothing at all.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #12  
Just be apprised that using clamp on forks with a light duty material bucket can have detrimental effects to the bottom sheet if the forks are overloaded and once you put a smile in the bucket, it's almost impossible to remediate without extensive cutting and rewelding.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #13  
Anyone using clamp on forks similar to these? A set of forks would sure would be handy to have. I wouldn’t be picking more than 300-500 lbs. but I don’t want damage my bucket. View attachment 761195View attachment 761196
I don't prefer them. They just can't perform like real forks can and they can ruin your bucket. Or rather the operator can ruin the bucket by execting too much of them.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #14  
I have a set just like them.
As said before the buckets can't handle any weight cantilevered so far out.
The most I can safely pick up without damaging my bucket, is about 250-300lbs.
Do they help? Sure, I can't lift 250lbs by myself.
I paid about $125.00.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #15  
I have the Titan set (1500 lb) and only lift that 200-400 lb range. I love mine for their utility and quick mounting. The riser tubes at the bucket end of the forks are crucial to proper usage. Whether with square steel tube or just timber, when risers are used and secured (I use ratchet strap..) to the top of the bucket, the forks are much more stable and kinder to the steel plate on the bottom of the bucket.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #16  
To a point. The bottom sheet on a material bucket is still taking the brunt of the deflection. You'd be better off chaining it as chains to stretch, straps do.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #17  
For the weights I work with, the straps have been working fine. Any more than a couple hundred pounds, I would move to chains.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #18  
Anyone using clamp on forks similar to these? A set of forks would sure would be handy to have. I wouldn’t be picking more than 300-500 lbs. but I don’t want damage my bucket. View attachment 761195View attachment 761196
I have a set of the 42" (fork pallet length) with the bolts on top. Those bolts on top are in the way and stops going into a pallet (less about 4").

That is the only problem that I've had. I have used them only once so far.

It does work - but you have to be very careful !!

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #19  
I find that they work well for moving brush and tree limbs around and stacking burn piles. Most other stuff not so much.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #20  
I've thought about trading my single spear hay fork for a double spear one, with two bottom spears to work as pallet forks as well. Price them out locally, these are way cheaper than a pallet fork and I don't think your tractor could break a tine and you could lift full capacity. Down side is the width is fixed unless you get the offset tines and rotate them in the mount?