CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #1  

flyinghigh

Silver Member
Tractor
century
Talk about devastating...13 hours on the machine and the front end clangs so loud and hard you can feel it through the steering wheel. When you first start it up, it doesn't do it....after about 10 minutes running, if you start turning in circles it starts doing it...do that for 5 minutes and it will do it all the time, as long as you are moving.

I have several recordings, but cannot attache them here.

Is there front diff fluid in this tractor that needs to be checked?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #2  
The front axle is serviced with 80W90 I believe

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #3  
Does it do it when the 4wd is engaged, disengaged or both?

Either way that is what the warranty is all about. Call your dealer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Thanks guys. It does it in 4 or 2 wheel. Only when moving, but it is defiantly iron on iron hitting something. Checked the front diff fluid it is fine. It will be interesting to see what kind of service the dealer has as he is 5 hours away.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #5  
What kind of work are you doing with this tractor?

so far we gave just been driving it around the property getting used to it...have only put 4 hours on it.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #7  
Talk about devastating...13 hours on the machine and the front end clangs so loud and hard you can feel it through the steering wheel. When you first start it up, it doesn't do it....after about 10 minutes running, if you start turning in circles it starts doing it...do that for 5 minutes and it will do it all the time, as long as you are moving.

I have several recordings, but cannot attache them here.

Is there front diff fluid in this tractor that needs to be checked?
That sounds like damage internally

Was this a New tractor or a demo? The first post says 13 hours but then said 4 hours getting used to it, just wondering if the hours were all put on once you took delivery?
Fluid is not the only problem.

You are right...it sounds like something major internally in the front end.

It was supposed to have been brand new. We were surprised when it showed up with 8 hours on it already, but dealer said they "test them out" before they deliver to make sure they are working properly. He said they put them on a dynameter to check for proper horse power output etc.

Who really knows...people will lie straight to you face and never blink anymore.

I knew it was a lot to hope for a brand new machine to actually be problem free and work out of the gate without any issue the way things are built these days.

Part of me really wanted to just keep the 2006 banson because I was afraid we would get a new machine and it would have problems. We bought that one with 100 hours on it and never had a single issue.

But my dad wanted to get "one new vehicle for once in his life" before he passes on, so I spent weeks researching and trying to make the best decision I could for him. He wanted the climate controlled cab, hydro tranny, integrated 3rd function etc for moving brush and snow...nothing major.

Looks like just driving around the yard is too much to ask from these. kidding...but clearly they don't have much QC at the factory or someone was just having a bad day when they put it together. That does concern me because if they messed this up they probably messed a lot of other things up as well. I have noticed the cab lights are not straight, the buttons on the console are not tight etc...seems like they just kinda slap these things together.

It did seem like a lot of people on here have had good experiences with TYM so I thought we had a chance for a good product. You would think with the thousands that come in country every year your odds would be better than 50/50...but clearly not. We rolled the dice and lost.

I guess there is a reason the green and orange paint units cost so much more. We just could not afford them.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #9  
You are right...it sounds like something major internally in the front end.

It was supposed to have been brand new. We were surprised when it showed up with 8 hours on it already, but dealer said they "test them out" before they deliver to make sure they are working properly. He said they put them on a dynameter to check for proper horse power output etc.

Who really knows...people will lie straight to you face and never blink anymore.

I knew it was a lot to hope for a brand new machine to actually be problem free and work out of the gate without any issue the way things are built these days.

Part of me really wanted to just keep the 2006 banson because I was afraid we would get a new machine and it would have problems. We bought that one with 100 hours on it and never had a single issue.

But my dad wanted to get "one new vehicle for once in his life" before he passes on, so I spent weeks researching and trying to make the best decision I could for him. He wanted the climate controlled cab, hydro tranny, integrated 3rd function etc for moving brush and snow...nothing major.

Looks like just driving around the yard is too much to ask from these. kidding...but clearly they don't have much QC at the factory or someone was just having a bad day when they put it together. That does concern me because if they messed this up they probably messed a lot of other things up as well. I have noticed the cab lights are not straight, the buttons on the console are not tight etc...seems like they just kinda slap these things together.

It did seem like a lot of people on here have had good experiences with TYM so I thought we had a chance for a good product. You would think with the thousands that come in country every year your odds would be better than 50/50...but clearly not. We rolled the dice and lost.

I guess there is a reason the green and orange paint units cost so much more. We just could not afford them.

My nephew bought a new TYM with the Yanmar engine but took it back after less than 3 hours (and it was delivered with under 1 hour) because the hydro got Really loud... as in went from 70's on a db meter to mid nineties. Dealer was good about it and took the tractor back and refunded the money. He then bought a JD 3025e and it has been ok the hydro is nice and quiet but it does have a hydraulic throb that courses through the FEL and dealer has not been able to remedy that, but the tractor has been trouble free otherwise.

I think you will be alright if you have a Good dealer.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #10  
I’m sure you will be taking care of. I might would lift the front tires off the ground with the loader and see if I could get the noise by spinning the tires by hand.