Clank! And then there was black smoke...

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Yup, Was driving into a pile of loam and something let loose under the hood and black smoke poured from the exhaust of my 7510...

Limped it in to garage....

Now I need a trailer with a winch AND a rental tractor as I was in the middle of a project.... Not going to move 20 yds of loam by hand!!!!

93 hrs on my machine, only had it 16 months. Guessing its a valve or a rod or something similiar.

Any body else with similiar issues on a fairly new machine....

The way my dealer is this will be 3 weeks with out a machine....ARRGGGHHH:mad:

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #2  
FF Kubota,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.:eek: Hope it is resolved quickly. Best wishes from a brother Kubota owner and Firefighter.

Matt.

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #3  
I hope its under warranty ! As we know...... there really aren't alot of broken Kubotas around this place. I wish you luck with it all. :)

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke...
Thanks Guys,

It better be warranty with 93 hrs...

For the NH owners,,, Any one had better or worse experiences with MB Tractor vs Chappell Tractor? I bought from MB, but My last service I used Chappell as they could get my machine in 5 days faster than MB. I think MB has gotten too big now and customer service has dropped a bit... Any thoughts...

Matt where are you a FF?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend guys...

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #5  
Hi FF Kubota,

I tend to agree with you on MB vs Chappell but MB is the selling dealer although technically it does not matter. I think the std warranty is 24 mo / 1500 hours and powertrain 36 mo 2000 hrs so you are under warranty in any case.

The BX warranty has some exclusions "residential use" but the B and L series have no exclusions that I can see.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and I would probably go with the dealer that treats you the best (and maybe provide a loaner at reasonalble cost) to get the 20yds spread..

I got my B21 from East Elliott Garage then they were bought by MB but luckily have not needed any wty work in last 7 years.

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #6  
It better be warranty with 93 hrs...

I would ask my dealer for a loaner while it is being repaired, or at least a steeply discounted rental.

Most dealers also sell used tractors, so even if they lend you an older model, it is better than having to pay for a rental.

If your dealer has nothing to rent, maybe they can (get Kubota to) help pay for a rental.

You bought a new tractor so that it would be something you could depend on, now it is up to Kubota and/or the deal to back it up.

Regards,
Jay

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke...
I would ask my dealer for a loaner while it is being repaired, or at least a steeply discounted rental.

Most dealers also sell used tractors, so even if they lend you an older model, it is better than having to pay for a rental.

If your dealer has nothing to rent, maybe they can (get Kubota to) help pay for a rental.

You bought a new tractor so that it would be something you could depend on, now it is up to Kubota and/or the deal to back it up.

Regards,
Jay

Warranty work and would you believe I have to pay for the transportation to the dealer. I don't think thell give me a rental for free...

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #8  
Sorry to hear about the trouble with your tractor.

Two years ago when my tractor needed warranty work, MB tractor did a great job. They insisted that a take a loaner tractor for the three weeks my tractor was being worked on. Free transportation for warranty work was stated up front when I purchased the tractor. I suspect that not all the MB dealers have the same policies though.

Vic

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #9  
Warranty work and would you believe I have to pay for the transportation to the dealer. I don't think thell give me a rental for free...

My L3940 came with a sticker on the fender that said transport costs for any work under warranty would be covered by my dealer. This was a dealer sticker (Cavalier International, Ashland, VA) not a Kubota factory sticker.
I LOVE MY DEALER!

/ Clank! And then there was black smoke... #10  
Hello,
regarding the engine issue was the engine running like it was missing a cylinder (rough running, shakes really bad and chugging) or just heavy smoke and no acceleration??? If just black smoke and no rough engine issue check to see if something inadvertantly got sucked into the intake air cleaner and is blocking things up (wayward plastic bags and I have danced before which is why I am bringing this up) Usually if a connecting rod or valve goes south the engine will lock up.
Hopefully it is a simple fix
Jeff