Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #1  

gamefowlnut

Hello, i've just recently purchase a Clarktor 6, standard 20 tug. it has a Chrysler 6 Cyl. in it w/ a Carter Carb. the i.d. plate is missing. Iwas wondering if anyone is familar w/ this tractor it is a 1943 model.

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #2  
Question... is it an aircraft tow tractor?

mark

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #3  
This has nothing to do with your question, but I couldn't help but notice your name "gamefowlnut".

So am I.......in South Louisiana.

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6
yes, it is an aircraft tug. are you familar with them .

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #5  
No... but the year given was sort of a give away. I don't think many things were built at that time that were not war related. Be neat to have one for running around with.

mark

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #6  
My Son has one of those. I'd have to check to see if it's the same model. He possibly has a manual also.

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #7  
I have one of these I am looking to get rid of if your looking for more parts or a whole machine needs waterpump and a clutch

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #8  
I have one of these I am looking to get rid of if your looking for more parts or a whole machine needs waterpump and a clutch

im interested !! if you still have it ! need photos and price .. Jon

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #9  
I volunteer at Maps Air Museum in Ohio, and we have a 1943 Clarktor 6 aircraft tug, it has a Chrysler 6 cylinder flat head and has a 2 speed transmission. Also it was used to pull weaponry do to it only being able to tow 90 tons, it can pull small aircraft though. I had to replace the flywheel, rebuild the starter, clean the carburetor, fix the radiator, and put a new condenser in the distributor. I have a few bugs to work out until i can get it running in top condition, but i have gotten it running before and when it ran it pulled one of our other tugs that is in the process of being restored and it is 13,000 lbs. Now last time this ran was 20 plus years ago, and the day it runs it pulls 13,000 lbs, that says a lot about the tug. To see a video of the tug go to MAPS Air Museum | MAPS Air Museum, then go to aircraft, scroll down to tow motors and ordnance, the click clarktor 6 restoration and you can scroll down and see the process of the tug and two videos

/ Clark tructractor Standard 20,clarktor 6 #10  
Hello, i've just recently purchase a Clarktor 6, standard 20 tug. it has a Chrysler 6 Cyl. in it w/ a Carter Carb. the i.d. plate is missing. Iwas wondering if anyone is familar w/ this tractor it is a 1943 model.

I have a CT-6 and the manuals etc. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks