Classic curved arm FEL

/ Classic curved arm FEL #11  
Hi Bob,
It looks to have a single dump cylinder.

/ Classic curved arm FEL #12  
Hi Bob,
It looks to have a single dump cylinder.

/ Classic curved arm FEL #13  
That is excellent! I wonder if the current NH designers were aware of that or did they happen upon their curves by themselves /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Classic curved arm FEL #14  
That is excellent! I wonder if the current NH designers were aware of that or did they happen upon their curves by themselves /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Classic curved arm FEL #15  
Rob, just my guess, but I doubt if the NH engineers happened upon it all, my guess is they just brought it over from Shibura who had been making them that way. Shibura make the Ford CUTs and now makes the Case and NH CUTs. It is likely that NH saw the design on the Shibura tractors, tested it, refined it, and realized they could dramatically improve FEL visibility by using the curved arm design.

The difference between the old Fergusons we see in this thread, and the original Shibura loaders is that the Shiburas had full hydraulics where these all appear to be trip bucket designs on the old Fergies.

/ Classic curved arm FEL #16  
Rob, just my guess, but I doubt if the NH engineers happened upon it all, my guess is they just brought it over from Shibura who had been making them that way. Shibura make the Ford CUTs and now makes the Case and NH CUTs. It is likely that NH saw the design on the Shibura tractors, tested it, refined it, and realized they could dramatically improve FEL visibility by using the curved arm design.

The difference between the old Fergusons we see in this thread, and the original Shibura loaders is that the Shiburas had full hydraulics where these all appear to be trip bucket designs on the old Fergies.

/ Classic curved arm FEL #17  
"these all appear to be trip bucket designs on the old Fergies"

Not so. I may have resized the two pics too small, but if you look closely they are both hydraulicly controlled buckets. Here is a link to larger pic:
banana loader

/ Classic curved arm FEL #18  
"these all appear to be trip bucket designs on the old Fergies"

Not so. I may have resized the two pics too small, but if you look closely they are both hydraulicly controlled buckets. Here is a link to larger pic:
banana loader

/ Classic curved arm FEL #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( we should see CUT loaders evolve to something similar to this in time )</font>

I think if we could live with nondetachable loaders this could become a reality. The loader posts are so beefy on these designs it has got to be hard to make them quick attach.

/ Classic curved arm FEL #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( we should see CUT loaders evolve to something similar to this in time )</font>

I think if we could live with nondetachable loaders this could become a reality. The loader posts are so beefy on these designs it has got to be hard to make them quick attach.