Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"?

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
Want to use an effective, as in "it works", water based or soluble cleaner to de-grease parts of the machine, specifically the hydraulic cylinders.

My "make do" efforts using mineral spirits, brush, buckets and brake cleaner leave a lot to be desired.

Waddaya suggest? Krud Kutter is in stock nearby.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #2  
Want to use an effective, as in "it works", water based or soluble cleaner to de-grease parts of the machine, specifically the hydraulic cylinders.

My "make do" efforts using mineral spirits, brush, buckets and brake cleaner leave a lot to be desired.

Waddaya suggest? Krud Kutter is in stock nearby.
WD-40 is not water based, but, works well. Dawn is the only "water based" thing I have had any luck with.

ed

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #3  
I never de-greased a machine unless there was a repair needed.
Then I would use a heated pressure washer, followed by an industrial air blower to dry the equipment. Do the repair and regrease everything to drive away any water out the area that was cleaned up.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #4  
Simple green used to make a good water based degreaser but not sure if they still do. Problem is still what do you do with the oily water.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #6  
Dawn dish soap works pretty good. Apply the soap undiluted and scrub then rinse with water.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #7  
Presoak with simple green full strength in spray bottle. Pressure washer takes it right off for me.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #8  
Gunk (preferably brush on if available) . Apply alow a few minutes to soak then hose,pressure wash or car wash it off.

/ Cleaning up grease/oil with a "water based" cleaner/solvent. Got a "Best in Class"? #9  
I use Zep purple degreaser in my foam cannon and rinse it with a low pressure wide fan nozzle.