Clearing Brush- What do you use?

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #11  
I use a ditch bank blade(jo blade), axe. and a sling blade.

then I go get 2 guys standing outside home depo and a case of beer.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #12  
That is an awesome brush hog. My welder is gonna get some exercise this weekend!

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #13  
I use heavy duty Bush Hog or Dozer, Chainsaw and brush saw. The least amt of labor I can use, the dozer and bush hog are my first choices:)

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #14  
A 16 bottom plow can make quick work of a grass fire.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #16  
This is what I had clearing my property last summer. :D

Attachments

• BUSH0113.jpg
    BUSH0113.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 464
   / Clearing Brush- What do you use? #17  
Before...

During...

And now.
All taken from the same spot.

Attachments

• BUSH0114.JPG
    BUSH0114.JPG
    984.1 KB · Views: 431
  • BUSH0121.JPG
    BUSH0121.JPG
    532.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Garden2132012.jpg
    Garden2132012.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 394
   / Clearing Brush- What do you use? #18  
hey Jstpssng when you done with your property, would you give me a price to clear 20 acres. i am in Ellsworth area.

Before...

During...

And now.
All taken from the same spot.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #20  
Looks like it's got a slip clutch (with no safety shield). I wonder how well it works and how much power it needs. It looks like it could throw objects quite a ways. Commercial models like the Baumalight CP560 have side shields that extend farther forwards. (they also have four blades and claim to cut up to 4").

I'd really like a forestry mulcher on the front of a track loader but that's kind of expensive. Even a mulcher for the back of my tractor would be expensive and my tractor can drive only the smallest ones that would choke on our large brush.

We can't burn here and brush left in piles just sits there for years. I'm using chain saws and 8" pto chipper for the larger brush. Stihl FS240 brush cutter and a rotary cutter on the tractor for smaller brush. it's slow but I've cleared a good fire safety buffer around the house.