clearing land

/ clearing land #11  
Basically both areas since I have the trees taking off. The front three acres is down to dirt with no grass but a bunch of small broke tree limbs or sticks. None bigger than a 2" and I picked most up by hand on the bigger stuff.

One the back four acrea I have taken all the pines down and going spray the grass to kill this week. Going fill up the ruts that dozer left on the back 4 acres. The back has some roots and bigger debris to move. Really would like a dozer with root rake to go thru there but may have to wait on my root rake for tractor. Implements that I have are chisel plow, disk and box blade. I also have a home made drag out of chain link
I agree a landscape rake is the best solution for debris. But if you want to improvise get landscape tines here $100 and bolt on with u bolts to your box blade. Lot of 15 Rake Tines 13 3/4'' x 15 1/4'' Landscape Rock Rake Tines NEW FAST SHIP | eBay

Rake debris into piles and back drag piles into one large pile with loader then burn eventually, then chisel plow 3-6", rough level with your bucket, then disc with the drag then seed.

/ clearing land #12  
JJT good catch but I’m only going do about 1 acre at a time. Should have typed that in. I’m going to go talk with a farmer that selling off his land about his case 550 dozer. If he is selling I may be buying it.

Jeff9366 you think the ratchet rake will catch all or most wood and let dirt thru. Looks like it may act like a scrapper blade when pulling backwards making pile of dirt and sticks?
I have the Ratchet rake and yes, it does collect everything and clog with dirt and sticks. For my bony/rocky soil reclamation from stumped ground, it was useless as it bounced off the rocks and left plies of sticks everywhere. So a landscape rake is a better option to windrow (angle) the major debris into piles every 10' or so then scoop this/back drag with the FEL, leaving the small 1" stuff to till or disc in.

/ clearing land #13  
It sounds like a job for a landscape rake to me. They can be had with gauge wheels to if your worried about it digging in too much.
I was going to suggest the same thing. I removed every other tine from mine and put a 100lb suitcase weight over the pivot and it acts far better for large debris now.

Landscape rakes also have so many uses when it comes to putting in lawns and maintaining gravel driveways so ita not something you will only use once. There also not very expensive. A hell of alot cheaper than putting even 6in of fill on 1ac.

/ clearing land
Carl_NH you gave me an ideal. A couple of years ago a neighbor gave me a couple of grader blades to get them out of his yard. I could order those tines and covert one to a rake. Beats spending 500-800 for one. Rick

/ clearing land #15  
You already have a chisel plow. Hook that thing up and go to town. That's what I use to drag debris in piles. and it breaks up the ground and does a good job at filling in stump holes. I have a 7 shank chisel plow that I can pull as deep as I want. It's going to collect debris but just raise it up and back up. Pull it all to one area and pile it with your loader.

/ clearing land #16  
I'm in the process of "upgrading" one of my barren fields. It's about 10 acres. I live right in the middle of the area that is/was affected by the current "heat dome". So, you can appreciate that I didn't first burn off this field. I'm not too overly keen on RoundUp either.

First, I disked the hell out of the field. Then followed with my LPGS - scarifiers down. Then LPGS with scarifiers up. It's now smooth as a babies butt.

I'm going to plant it to a wildflower - dry land grass mix. I'm waiting for the wet season, this fall to spread the seeds. I just hope we have a wet season this fall.

/ clearing land
You already have a chisel plow. Hook that thing up and go to town. That's what I use to drag debris in piles. and it breaks up the ground and does a good job at filling in stump holes. I have a 7 shank chisel plow that I can pull as deep as I want. It's going to collect debris but just raise it up and back up. Pull it all to one area and pile it with your loader.
Yes sir I am doing that this weekend.

OOSIK what’s a lpgs

/ clearing land #18  
Land Plane Grading Scraper. Another implement used to smooth out driveways or tilled land. The beauty of this implement - almost zero learning curve and it does a great job. Kind of like a high tech woven fence drag. Just hook it up to the 3-point and pull it.

/ clearing land #19  
Like this. This is one I just finished fabbing up. I'm waiting on some dry weather to Ospho and paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1301[1].JPG
    IMG_1301[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1300[1].JPG
    IMG_1300[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 850
  • IMG_1299[1].JPG
    IMG_1299[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 919
   / clearing land #20  
Can't wait to see how it works!