Clutch Question

/ Clutch Question
Thanks for the help! He said that the pilot bearing was still good, so it sounds like it should have been ok. The clutch seems to be working allright so far, and I think that it was an adjustment. When I sent it to the shop, it was with the understanding that they did not have the service manual, and I was supplying the clutch, so we discussed me fine tuning the adjustment according to the manual. He really didn't issue a warranty other than gross negligence. I used a digital caliper to attempt to follow the specifications that the manual called for, but I was adjusting old metal parts, and the clutch pedal arm where it attaches to the bolt under the tractor may be bent? I may have been adjusting it it incorrectly, but I am not 100% sure. The service manual says that the clutch pedal travel should be between 15-20mm at the top of the clutch, so I was adjusting it so the clutch engaged at about 18mm when I pushed the clutch pedal, but I am not 100% how I need to adjust the both under the clutch pedal that stops it from going all the way to the floor? Is the 15-20mm where it engages, or is it 15-20mm from when it engages until it reaches the floor? So far so good and hopefully it remains that way! Thanks again for all the help!

/ Clutch Question #12  
When I adjusted the clutch in my 1300 I set the free play to 15 to 20 mm
and then I checked the overall pedal travel which was off.
I adjusted the overall travel and then had to re adjust
the free play because I moved the stop bolt for overall
which did change the free play or gap between
throw out bearing and fingers on pressure plate.

Attachments

• Copy of clutch2.jpg
    Copy of clutch2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 92
  • clutch1.jpg
    clutch1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 100
  • clutch2.jpg
    clutch2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 108
   / Clutch Question
Thanks so much for the diagrams and the help! That answered a lot of questions. I think that I need to go and recheck the adjustments that I made and see if they are allright. Can it cause damage if the stop bolt is adjusted too far out, and there is too much clutch pedal travel? Thanks again!