Clutch/Seal Question

/ Clutch/Seal Question #1  

NCMau

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 202/Ford 8N
MF 202. I posted this thread in another forum but I did not get a response. Sometime in the near future I have to bite the bullet and replace an ailing clutch. At the same time I like to replace the transmission/clutch seal. My question is, can the seal be removed/installed from the clutch or from the transmission side? It would make sense to be on the clutch side, but I just need to hear it.

/ Clutch/Seal Question #2  
G'day! :) I understand it has transmission oil leaking into the bellhousing. If there is only a single-stage clutch, it's quite easy.
Does the tractor have a two-stage clutch and live PTO? I recently replaced bearings and seals in a 35 with the aforementioned equipment. It's a little more complicated in that there are two seals, but still quite a straightforward job. If you can let me know, I'll be able to give you some guidance.

/ Clutch/Seal Question
G'day! :) I understand it has transmission oil leaking into the bellhousing. If there is only a single-stage clutch, it's quite easy.
Does the tractor have a two-stage clutch and live PTO? I recently replaced bearings and seals in a 35 with the aforementioned equipment. It's a little more complicated in that there are two seals, but still quite a straightforward job. If you can let me know, I'll be able to give you some guidance.

Thanks PatrickS2222. Yes it is a dual stage clutch. So both seals are located and accessible in the bell housing, right? Are the seals the same or different from one another? When I check the different vendors, I only saw one seal listed, so I am assuming they are the same.