Coil siding nailer recommendation?

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #1  

KWentling

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22, Kubota ZD21, Kubota M7060
Can any one recommend a coil siding nailer that actually works? Have (had) a Makita NR611 that I have fought for the last time. Never drives two the same, skips, drives twos. have to help it feed. Tried two different brands of nails with equal results. It's now in the garbage can. I'm putting up Hardi Board siding and need a new gun.

Kim

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #2  
I lurk over at the JLC site. The Hitachi nailers seem to be favored by many pros.

Steve

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #3  
Hitachi is the best i have found all my nailers or hitachi trouble free.

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #4  
Hitachi is the best i have found all my nailers or hitachi trouble free.

One more for the Hitachi.

I haven't bought one in years, since the Hitachi even, but the initial reason was the Hitachi offered an adjustment for impact. I was doing some Hardy and Hardy is like drywall in that once you break the skin it's lost all of its integrity. With the others when the air pressure changed because of the number of guns etc we'd have issues.

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #6  
Yep, Hitachi again!!:thumbsup: Been doing framing off and on my whole life and every contractor I've worked with has used Hitachi's across the board.

Also make sure you have adequate air pressure (cfm & psi), and are using good quality nails.

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation?
Thanks guys. Been looking at the reviews and seems the Hitachi NV65AH is a good gun and you guys seem to agree. I'll go shopping tomorrow and see what I can find.

Kim

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #8  
Bought a well used Hitachi 18 years ago and probably have fired over 50 cases of nails with it since.
Like a Timex watch, goes on ticking and never misfires.
I frequantly spray it with WD-40 to clean debris and also use it as my lube.

Personally prefer the sticks over the coils because once dropped a coil is scrap, while sticks handle better and take less space.
You can stuff sticks in your pocket or apron, but try that with a coil!

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #9  
I'm sure that Hitachi will run rings around my old Craftsmen gun, but it's been very dependable for feeding nails through. Once the air pressure is set, it delivers uniform depth. Seems to NOT be finicky about brand of nails used, and the price was very affordable.

If you'll be using the snot out of your gun, I'm sure you'll want a more Pro grade gun, but if you're wanting something that will do a good job in moderation, I'd give Craftsmen a look.

As too dropped coils, I've had pretty good luck with tweaking them back into usable shape. I sometimes need to unroll all the way and begin a-new, but have made them stay out of garbage can.

/ Coil siding nailer recommendation? #10  
Will you use, or do they even make, stainless steel siding nails for these guns? That is another job I have to do on my house - Hardiplank siding.