Come-a-long repair

/ Come-a-long repair #1  

jones6780

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4wheel drive, Yazoo/Kees Max2 Zero Turn
Need some help here. The C clip came off the lower pawl shaft of my aluminum bodied come-a-long. And now I can't get it working again. There is one spring still there and I think another is lost. Anybody have some close up photos of thiers? For the life of me I can't remember what the configuration looks like. The lower pawl holds the load when getting another stroke and also is the auto release when lowering a load. I have looked everywhere online with no luck. Mine is a Cadillac 4000 pound model. Looks similar to Little Mule 250A 1/2 Ton x 9 ft Lineman's Strap Hoist - #04190W but mine is cable and I can't see enough detail. Thanks

/ Come-a-long repair #2  
Thought I could help as I fixed lots of them for the fence crew, but they were the standard metal ones.
Might try here for starters.

/ Come-a-long repair
Found a photo that I can almost see, The item circled in RED is what I am missing.

Hoist.jpg

That would be "PAWL ASSY. 20G REPLACES 20, 220, AND 320", from the parts link.

Maybe Little Mule bought out Cadillac.

Last edited:
   / Come-a-long repair
Parts ordered and found a manual with the following illustration/ instructions.

Pawl.JPG

/ Come-a-long repair
Got all the parts assembled and it works great! I also ordered a new cable from ziplinegear.com
Zip Line Cable – ZIPLINEGEAR

They sell cable by the foot and will put a thimble and swage on the ends. Price was very reasonable $11.20 for 20 ft of 1/4" galvanized Aircraft cable with 1 swage and free shipping.