Comments on my 5610 choices?

/ Comments on my 5610 choices? #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
Well, I've settled on what I will get quoted for the 5610. You can see the reason for my sticker shock. We'll see what the dealer can do. Not a lot of choices left after you have to pick the deluxe version, but here they are:

5610 Utility - $50,964
Deluxe Version Includes:
  1. Cab with A/C and heat
  2. Deluxe Road Package with back-up alarm, turn signals, flashers, tail lights, brake lights, rear view mirror, horn, lower engine guard, rear work light, headlights
  3. Heavy Duty Battery
  4. High Flow Hydraulics and Attachment Control Kit
  5. Keyless Ignition System
  6. Power BobTach
  7. PTO Package
  8. 3-Point Hitch Package
  9. Rear Remote Package

Options:
  1. 29 x 12.5, 6 PR, Turf - $450.00
  2. Air Filter Intake Pre-Cleaner - $235.90
  3. Fire Extinguisher Kit - $123.80
  4. Hose Guide Kit - $32.56
  5. Radio AM/FM, Aux-In Jack - $257.46
  6. Radio Installation Kit - $137.10
  7. Radio Antennae - $15.29
  8. Radio Speakers - $51.29
  9. Step Kit - $252.17
  10. Suspension Seat, Driver Side - $973.76
  11. Hydraulic Top Link - ?

Attachments:
90" Mower Deck - $5,600

The deluxe package isn't too much of a waste. I hope that there are enough savings to make up for the things I would not have picked, which would be the turn signals, tail lights and brake lights from the Road Package. I don't ever need or plan to take it on roads.

And I'm not sure if I will ever use the PTO very much. The only thing I have with PTO is a flail mower but I prefer to cut with the front mower. I like to avoid working in the back as much as possible, although there are some things like the box blade and disk harrow that need to be pulled, hence the need for the 3-pt hitch.

I also don't need the keyless ignition, but I'm used to it since my 'C' has it now. The price for the suspension seat is pretty ridiculous, but I've got a pretty rough field and I just don't want to get into what it would take to smooth it out.

Last edited:
   / Comments on my 5610 choices? #2  
Well, I've settled on what I will get quoted for the 5610. You can see the reason for my sticker shock. We'll see what the dealer can do. Not a lot of choices left after you have to pick the deluxe version, but here they are:

5610 Utility - $50,964
Deluxe Version Includes:
  1. Cab with A/C and heat
  2. Deluxe Road Package with back-up alarm, turn signals, flashers, tail lights, brake lights, rear view mirror, horn, lower engine guard, rear work light, headlights
  3. Heavy Duty Battery
  4. High Flow Hydraulics and Attachment Control Kit
  5. Keyless Ignition System
  6. Power BobTach
  7. PTO Package
  8. 3-Point Hitch Package
  9. Rear Remote Package

Options:
  1. 29 x 12.5, 6 PR, Turf - $450.00
  2. Air Filter Intake Pre-Cleaner - $235.90
  3. Fire Extinguisher Kit - $123.80
  4. Hose Guide Kit - $32.56
  5. Radio AM/FM, Aux-In Jack - $257.46
  6. Radio Installation Kit - $137.10
  7. Radio Antennae - $15.29
  8. Radio Speakers - $51.29
  9. Step Kit - $252.17
  10. Suspension Seat, Driver Side - $973.76
  11. Hydraulic Top Link - ?

Attachments:
90" Mower Deck - $5,600

The deluxe package isn't too much of a waste. I hope that there are enough savings to make up for the things I would not have picked, which would be the turn signals, tail lights and brake lights from the Road Package. I don't ever need or plan to take it on roads.

And I'm not sure if I will ever use the PTO very much. The only thing I have with PTO is a flail mower but I prefer to cut with the front mower. I like to avoid working in the back as much as possible, although there are some things like the box blade and disk harrow that need to be pulled, hence the need for the 3-pt hitch.

I also don't need the keyless ignition, but I'm used to it since my 'C' has it now. The price for the suspension seat is pretty ridiculous, but I've got a pretty rough field and I just don't want to get into what it would take to smooth it out.

I bought an '09 5600. The Keyless Ignition and Power Bobtach were both expensive options that I didn't get.

The suspension seat isn't a option anymore on the D series I thought. The Air filter pre-filter is worth the money IMO.

DEWFPO

/ Comments on my 5610 choices?
I bought an '09 5600. The Keyless Ignition and Power Bobtach were both expensive options that I didn't get.

The suspension seat isn't a option anymore on the D series I thought. The Air filter pre-filter is worth the money IMO.

DEWFPO

I am working from the options list the dealer gave me. I'm assuming it's correct. You may be right about the suspension seat for the 'D', but the information I was given only shows information for the 5610. I may not have gotten the keyless entry if I had had a choice, but I think the Power BobTach is definitely worth it.

/ Comments on my 5610 choices? #4  
When I got info on the suspension seat, I was told it was through parts and not sales. Hence, the high price instead of an upgraded seat. Therefore, you will get an entire new seat and the price will be the same if you order it now or decide to get it later. I had originally wanted the suspension seat but when I discovered the above info, I decided to wait. IMHO, the suspension seat is not needed with the 5610 D series. The suspension soaks of the rough stuff very well. I feel with the D series, if the ride is too rough for me, then I am going too fast and the machine is taking a beating. I would recommend passing on the suspension seat. The cost will be the same later if you decide to add it. I have the suspension seat on my bobcat S300. Lets just say the suspension portion is marginal anyway. My JD 3720 air ride seat is a real suspension seat. The independant suspension ride of the D series TC is vastly superior to any air ride suspension seat on a CUT.

The keyless panel is an option I would have deleted if possible. However, if you plan on leaving the machine overnight at various locations, then you will like it for the additional security. Ask the dealer for the master code so you can program it as you see fit. There is a master code, an owner code and user codes that are progamable. User codes are for multiple employees to run the machine and can be deleted by the owner code.

I did not get a fire extinguisher. Seemed a little pricey. You can get one many places and will probably fit behind the seat.

I don't believe Bobcat has a hydraulic toplink. I added my own T-N-T. People on TBN seem to like the CCM toplinks with check valves. The TC valves are not high enough quality to perform as check valves but the amount of drift with time is not too bad without check valves. I mounted external check valve or my side link but not on toplink.

Wow, I forgot how expensive the mower deck was.

/ Comments on my 5610 choices?
Wow, I forgot how expensive the mower deck was.

Your're telling me! That's like 25% more than when I looked at buying a 90" mower back in 2006.

Your discussion about the check valves reminds me of something else. Even though I lock the loader position when I start mowing, I find that it still slumps over time and I have to re-adjust it every couple of hours while mowing. Is that normal? I never thought to ask the dealer.

And you're right about the suspension seat, it is a dealer installed option. You've convinced me to wait. I'm looking at maybe loosing the $150 discount that the dealer might give me with the sale if I buy it later, but that's a reasonable risk against saving $800 if I don't need it at all.

/ Comments on my 5610 choices? #6  
I expect most cylinders to drift down over time, unless on higher end equipment like manlifts, aerial forklifts ect. It is really a function of how tight the specs are and how much the manufacture is willing to allow. Having said that, my TC boom cylinder is rock solid even with heavy loads. The curl cylinder however will drift down with time. The curl cylinder at one point got beyond acceptable and was replaced by Bobcat. The dealer at first was reluctant to replace and according to their tests, it was within acceptable range. The put a few weights in the bucket and said it was ok. I didn't think that was much weight on the curl cylinder. I argued, the TC is approved for a front mounted broom, which has most of its weight 4' out front. I said my curl cylinder drifts down and in 5 minutes I have to readjust or cause excessive wear on the bristles. Did that amount of drift seem normal to him? He said no, and replaced the valve. Now it is back to acceptable.

IMO, adjusting the bucket because of drift every couple of hours is acceptable. However, my S300 skid steer cylinders hold very well on both lift and curl. I did put a check valve on my curl cylinder but it worked poorly. Lots of chatter with the valve when tipping the bucket down. I think it was due to the negative pull on the check valve and cylinder.

/ Comments on my 5610 choices? #7  
You can get both 7-pin and 14-pin attachment control. I'd do it...IIRC it is not too expensive.