Insurance Commerical Tractor Insurance

/ Commerical Tractor Insurance #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
The FarmOwners Association adjacent to our property has asked us to grade their road with our L-3130 TNT GST using our Bush Hog 84" box blade. They offered me a one year contract for $50 per hour and $500 bonus to start.

I called up my Florida Farm Bureau insurance agent to ask about acquiring a Commerical Liability policy, since the tractors are only covered on our own property not for hire.

Anyhow, after fielding many options (including setting up a corporation and transferring the title to the tractor from our name to the corporation's name) we were finally able to get $1,000,000 Commerical liability coverage for only $60 per year!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Originally I had been quoted it would be $1,200-$1,500 for a commerical one million dollar policy.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 859783-Prairie Grade 8.jpg
    859783-Prairie Grade 8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 286
   / Commerical Tractor Insurance #2  
So how did you do it?.....PM is necessary. Like to hear.

Good deal on the insurance and the job!

/ Commerical Tractor Insurance
It pays to know your insurance agent well.

Mine is in our hunt club and has known me for >10 years.

He had to shop around to various underwriters for the commerical policy for me as an individual, not a corporation, and ultimately he was able to convince one of the underwriters that I was a good customer and a low risk. I almost fell over when he told me the entire policy binding my tractor work would only be $60...... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif