Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
So I think it's not on line just clogging near flusher. I think it's the water saving feature. flush doesn't move crap good.then. so crap jams next if don't hold handle for full flush it jams. Snaking out 3 to 4 feet frees it. Rest of line OK 2nd Commode down line flushes good.so lines not clogged.
I think if I had no water saver on crapper all would be good. Most all crappers are water savers. Might need flusher that sends a power flush.
like a big "swoosh" if there is such a thing. There are about 8 guys from road construction that use bathroom daily but, Usually not bad ,
Any & all ideas will be appreciated.

You all Have a good weekend.& BE SAFE AND HEALTHY .............Coffeeman

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #2  
Hold handle down for full flush. Problem solved.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #3  
Friend was having similar problem last winter, turned out to being caused by the vent for that toilet being plugged from ice storm , the other toilet worked fine.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #4  
Quit pooping square turds.... Eat more roughage. Problem solved. Those hammerheads cannot make the bend...😒

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #5  
Many of the tank-type toilets at my employer's facilities are water saver types.
Push handle and let go gives a short flush for liquids only.
Push handle and hold gives a longer flush for solids.

If that truly is the problem, put a sign by the toilet asking people to hold the handle down for the full flush. Most people will comply.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #6  
Having a trusty poop stick may be in order.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #7  
If you’re pooping more than once a day, you’re eating too much.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #8  
Working for apartment houses and child care facilities made me an attority on toilets since both places flush everything imaginable down toilets. You discription of ok for a while after snaking then pluuging back up shortly point's to an object lodged in toilet catching paper and waste until clooged agin after clearing. The preferred tool for looking to see what the object is and how best to remove it can be bought at auto parts stores. Borescope/vedio inspection/inspection camara. Some places loan them. Inexpesive but does the job is inspection mirror on a handle and a flashlight.
While we are on the subject I'll give a toilets 101 course that everyone can use. To get the best flush possible from any toilet,be-it 5 gallon or 2 gallon flush,adjust leingth/amount of flush. Remove lid from tank in order to watch flapper operation. Press and release handle. Flapper should stand straight up and 1 secound before or at the same moment water in bowl makes it's exit the flapper should fall into closed position. If ballcock has been adjusted to put more water than optimum in tank the water in bowl will go down and hesitate and become lazy instead of "sucking" out. Some toilets in combonation with high water service pressure refill's tank much to fast and memic's overfilled tank. If flapper falls before water in bowl reaches lowest point,ballcock has been adjusted to put too little water in tank.
Another thing that can cause poor/no flush is restricted sypon jet hole. Some have it,some don't but it's easy to see and test. Look in front at bottom of bowl for a hole the size of your finger. If lime and guck restrict's flow the toilet won't flush well. If time permit's remove water and pour enough vinigar to cover hole overnight to soften lime. Bent wire,pocket knife,screwdriver or such is required to dislodge lime crust.

Last edited:
   / Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #9  
Fill a bucket with hot water from the bathtub. Flush the toilet - as the water is flushing, pour the hot water from the bucket into the toilet in a nice heavy steady flow (so that it keeps flushing). That increased volume of steady hot water flowing through helps somewhat if there is a small clog down the line.

/ Commode keeps plugging. sometime it good 3 months A snake clears it in 4 -5 ft. commode on line always runs. #10  
Might need flusher that sends a power flush.
There is, we installed one in a bathroom with a long sewer line. No problems since.
It has a bladder in the tank that is filled until a certain PSI is attained. When the water is released the flush is assisted by the pressure