Common rail vs mechanical injection

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #151  
What restrictions are "export only" farmers exempt from and exactly what are "export only" farmers?
Well the most famous and well known are the alfalfa export farmers in California that are exempt from all water restrictions and emissions. Let the state burn so they can water crops!

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #152  
Well the most famous and well known are the alfalfa export farmers in California that are exempt from all water restrictions and emissions. Let the state burn so they can water crops!
Not buying any claims about farmers being exempt from emissions requirements, especially in California. It ain't happening and I challenge you to back up your claim. Emissions requirements follow equipment, not end users.
Or I could refer you back to post #57.
Now water rights are something I know next to nothing about.

Last edited:
   / Common rail vs mechanical injection #153  
And were are they "exporting" too.
Arizona were all their cows went???
And I'd like to know what water restrictions they are exempt from, what irrigation????
Many of those have their own purchased and improved water rights.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #154  
And were are they "exporting" too.
Arizona were all their cows went???
And I'd like to know what water restrictions they are exempt from, what irrigation????
Many of those have their own purchased and improved water rights.
The alfalfa goes to china. It makes headlines every year internationally.
Screenshot_20211209-092610_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #155  
Not buying any claims about farmers being exempt from emissions requirements, especially in California. It ain't happening and I challenge you to back up your claim. Emissions requirements follow equipment, not end users.
Or I could refer you back to post #57.
Now water rights are something I know next to nothing about.
They are exempt because they are Federal farmers, they are not farmers for the state of California.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #156  
The grid heater in the Cummins have nothing to do with the emissions qualification if, in fact, the heater controller is programmed to come on only below 60 degreased.

The emissions test qualification cycle doesn’t run below room temperature.

The heater is strictly for sociability reasons. Cummins wants the engines to start and clean up quickly to get rid of the old stinky Diesel reputation compression ignition engines deservedly developed from pre emissions days, when they were primarily industrial power plants.

Pretty much all modern diesels have glow plugs or grid heaters. Cummins was actually the last manufacturer to come to the party. Their last P pump engines in the 90s were notoriously poor cold performers, and would envelop the truck with white smoke after startup at low temperatures. It’s not 1964 anymore.

The common rail engines have incredible flexibility to develop cold start strategies and calibration compare to the primitive mechanical fuel systems of years past.

Pilot injection allows very low injection rates, which minimizes heat loss in the combustion chamberas the fuel vaporizes, and the unlimited timing flexibility can optimize start of combustion for low temperature ignition delays to minimize white smoke formation.

/ Common rail vs mechanical injection #158  
They are exempt because they are Federal farmers, they are not farmers for the state of California.
WTF is a Federal Farmer?
Emissions regulations are federal regulations administered by the EPA. States are allowed to pass more stringent regulations but cannot bypass, exempt or otherwise circumvent Federal regulations.
Still no link, verification or documentation of your absurd emissions claim.

Last edited:
   / Common rail vs mechanical injection #159  
WTF is a Federal Farmer?
I'm going to venture a guess that it is these extremely wealthy west coast celebrities that use farming as a tax dodge. "Crony Capitalism".
I'm sure someone will jump in and prove me wrong. Maybe I only worded it wrong.