Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #1  

Spindifferent

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520, JD X584
TBN folks may find this organization interesting and informative.

CoCoRaHS - Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network

What is CoCoRaHS??
CoCoRaHS is an acronym for the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network. CoCoRaHS is a unique, non-profit, community-based network of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds working together to measure and map precipitation (rain, hail and snow). By using low-cost measurement tools, stressing training and education, and utilizing an interactive Web-site, our aim is to provide the highest quality data for natural resource, education and research applications. We are now in all fifty states.

Enjoy!

- Spindifferent

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #2  
I am part of it as part of a program with some kids I teach.

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #3  
Thanks for posting. I live about 50 miles south of Indianapolis, which has had over 6" of rain this month and might set a record if the forecast rain arrives. We, on the other hand, have had a total of 1.8". I do wish they would allow auto data collection.

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #4  
Auto collection would be GREAT....I have to get the data in by 7AM, kind of a PITA on weekends!

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #5  
TBN folks may find this organization interesting and informative.

CoCoRaHS - Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network

- Spindifferent

Spindifferent, got my "official" rain gauge today and will start reporting tomorrow! Looks like just in time as rain is forecasted.
have you had any difficulty recording/reporting?

Is there a way a non reporter can see the rain at a particular station?

I saw the 7:00 A. M. preferred reporting time but I also saw that the time can be reported is between 5 A. M. and 9 A. M.

/ Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network #6  
Looks like a worthwhile organization, and since I check my gauge daily, I joined today. My old rain gauge broke last week, so good timing on ordering this new one, although it's not inexpensive.

txdon, I looked at the rain stats before joining by clicking the map of the state and then the particular reporting station "dot"