Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #181  
.....it really doesn't take that long to quote a price, dealers know what they need to make to be profitable.
I buy vehicles at an employee owned dealer where they put the price on the windshield of every vehicle they have on the lot. No dickering on the price. Now, if they don't sell the vehicle in time, the price will be lowered. Saves a lot of time both for me and the dealership.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #182  
think about how you would feel if you were at my shop in person and I left you standing there while I answered the phone
I hate it when they do that and might just walk back out the door. Yet when I send an email it's in consideration of their time, as they are able to answer at their convenience. As another poster pointed out; if they don't want emails don't post it on the website.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #183  
My dealer hired a new salesman, the old one moved up the ladder.
I went in to the dealer in December and introduced myself to the new guy and we traded e-mail address.
I told him what I was looking for and I wanted to do all conversations by e-mail so there would not be any confusion latter, and we both could write in our free time.

Right now we are up to 40 e-mails and we are getting close to a deal.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows
I sent an inquiring email this past Thursday to a dealer selling a tractor on Tractorhouse and I still have not received any reply.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #185  
Apparently, you need to send about 40 more emails before you get close to making a deal o_O

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #186  
It’s been a couple of years ago but I emailed a dealer about a 5 foot used box blade. I made what I admit was a very low ball offer, half of what they were asking. I did it through Tractor House. I never heard back. I posted this experience on this forum and I was somewhat deserved the abuse I got for making such a low ball offer. I still think they should have at least emailed me back. My guess is they just weren’t checking on it through Tractor House and were hoping people called.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows
I just sent the dealer another email through Tractorhouse this time. How many of you think I will actually get a response this time?

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #188  
I just sent the dealer another email through Tractorhouse this time. How many of you think I will actually get a response this time?

If you are actually interested in the tractor, why not just call??

I hate making phone calls, but if it is concerning a tractor or implement I really want
I’m calling the dealer.
It’s not like I’m paying $0.05 a minute long distance charges

If you are actually interested in the tractor, why not just call??

I hate making phone calls, but if it is concerning a tractor or implement I really want
I’m calling the dealer.
It’s not like I’m paying $0.05 a minute long distance charges
If they're actually interested in selling the tractor why don't they just email me back?

Update: So I got a call from the dealer today and he left a message on my phone answering my email instead of replying to it. He is asking above MSRP price which explains why they are advertising it nationally and not giving a price. Should I waste my time haggling with him or just move on?