Compare Jinma and KAma

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #1  

Scratchnbell

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 2001 TC40d
What are the pros and cons of each of these tractors?
25 and 28 horse power.
Thanks
Bob

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #2  
Technically, there are no 25 and 28 horse KAMAs. But there are 25 and 35 horse TaiShans - the TS254 and TS354 - the parent company being KAMA.

KAMAs are bigger, the most common currently sold in America being the KM454 (like mine), the KM504, and a few KM554s.

I'm pretty sure you already know where to look up Jinma specs. Look HERE for TaiShan specs.

//greg//

/ Compare Jinma and KAma
I'd like to make arrangements today.
Anymore comments here? It has come down to these two machines.
It seems that the Kama 25 is a bigger tractor than the Jinma 28.5 but it also seems that there are a bunch more parts for the Jinma around.
Bob

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It seems that the Kama 25 is a bigger tractor than the Jinma 28.5 )</font>
If you're using my last post as a basis for that conclusion, it's not what I meant. I was trying to clarify that the KAMA is a larger tractor than the TaiShan. But they both belong to the same parent company. Smaller-TaiShan (TS-series). Larger KAMA (KM-series).

You'll have to look the TaiShan versus Jinma specs on your own. That's why I provided the link.

//greg//

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #5  
Assuming that both are long distance sales, ie no local dealer support, make sure you are comfortable with each selling dealer to support you via phone/email etc. They will probably supply parts, but you have to do all the repairs. Most repairs that come up are not that difficult, but some may cause the average guy some heartache. An example is injecter pump/timing. You would want to use a proven dealer, that has a rep for doing an excellent assembly and check-out. ie all initial problems have been found and solved, prior to shipping.

If you were to find yourself in a lurch, without dealer support for repairs, you are probably better off with the Jinma. Technical support from end users and dealers, is much more widespread. The Kama/TS254 may indeed be superior to a Jinma, but I have not seen enough comments from end users, to say that is the case. Most likely it is a draw. Somethings better implemented on TS, and other things better on Jinma. Given that, and your concern for parts, it would lean toward a Jinma, as well.

Please keep in mind, that I am a Jinma owner, and could ever be slightly biased in my response. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #6  
Just to clear the water some the TS254C is marketed in the US as KAMA, in fact the factory manufacture data plate is the same as teh Kama KM sereis, you will find TS markings on forgings on the KAMA, they come from the same plant. In other words there are KAMA TS and KAMA KMs sold here.

Tractors that have been sold in the US under the Taishan name typically are two cylinder units.

We have thousands of dollars (at cost) in parts about 100 descrete part numbers in stock for the KAMA tractors, is that every part? no but we have not been caught not having a part we need yet. I'm not saying it won't ever happen but we have sold dozens of these tractors over the last year and they are performing well.

Normally the Jinma is little less money, although we are usually closer in price when comnpared to the LE or XL or other fully optioned Jinma.

The KAMA TS series shuttle is 8x8 and the creeper option provides 16 forward gears.

The engine in the TS254C is the same as the JInma 254/284.

The front axle is heavier, larger diff and final drive gears and the streering cylinder is behind and above the axle.

The KAMA is heavier overall.

Overall fit and finish is similar, Jinma may have a slight advantage in this area with the LE version. We are having the factory improve chassis paint on the KAMAs for our 2005 models.

Now I would not buy either brand without access to dealer support unless I was very comfortable with the idea of doing some work on them from time to time. that is just a fact of life for Chinese tractor ownership.

Of coures you could come to Arkansas, see them side by side on our lot and choose what you want! Best of luck in your decsion!

/ Compare Jinma and KAma
being able to do the work is not a problem. My jeep is a franken jeep. I just want to make sure I'm not working on it all the time!
Bob

/ Compare Jinma and KAma #8  
No, they seldom require intensive care, just an asprin or a bandaid once in a while! We have sold dozens upon dozens and more than half have had no issues whatsoever, and the other half is mostly very minor adjustments, replacing a leaky O ring, or fuel line or something. a few starter motors, an occasional hydraulic pump. All are very easy for a mechanically inclinded owner. Of course sometimes major surgery is required, but rarely.