Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #11  
The MF 35 and MF 135 pto operate at 540 rpm. There is a marking (pto) on the rev counter to tell you when you have the correct revs.
When looking at a snowblower look for a sticker with "540 rpm" on it.
High power tractors use 1000 rpm snowblowers.
The next thing to look at is the LENGTH of the pto shaft.With the pto shaft in the shortest length make sure it is short enough to connect to the tractor pto. NEXT, with the pto OFF, raise the snow blower to max height to test weather the pto shaft will extend fully without pulling apart(You should have a minimum of 100mm extension left.
Also, don't forget to grease the telescope section of the pto shaft at the start of the season, after that you only need to grease the zerks every 10 hours or so.
Lastly, on the MF 135 there are 2 different lengths of lower link arms. The "short" (800mm approx) lower link arms are straight off the MF35, and the "long" arm are approximatly 100mm longer. So check the pto shaft is the correct length when extended.
See youtube for "how to" videos on PTO's.
Good Luck

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #12  
I am new to the forum and new to tractoring. I purchase a Massey Ferguson 135 Perkins Diesel and am now looking for a PTO snowblower (we get a lot of snow in Temiscaming, Quebec). I have some questions about size of snowblower and compatibility of the PTO. I am looking at a snowblower that was on a Massey Ferguson 35. Would my 135 be able to use the same PTO shaft as the one that was on the 35. Another words will this be a plug and play. Also what is the best size blower for my tractor 6ft blower ??

It should be the same, should "plug and play"

72" will work but depending on your tire tires it might be narrower than the tractor. I ran a 78" on a 240, which is a newer 135 and it worked fine if you took your time.

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower
The MF 35 and MF 135 pto operate at 540 rpm. There is a marking (pto) on the rev counter to tell you when you have the correct revs.
The next thing to look at is the LENGTH of the pto shaft.With the pto shaft in the shortest length make sure it is short enough to connect to the tractor pto. NEXT, with the pto OFF, raise the snow blower to max height to test weather the pto shaft will extend fully without pulling apart(You should have a minimum of 100mm extension left.
Also, don't forget to grease the telescope section of the pto shaft at the start of the season, after that you only need to grease the zerks every 10 hours or so.
Lastly, on the MF 135 there are 2 different lengths of lower link arms. The "short" (800mm approx) lower link arms are straight off the MF35, and the "long" arm are approximatly 100mm longer. So check the pto shaft is the correct length when extended.
Good Luck
Thank You for all the good advice. I will definitely make sure I check all the points you mentioned. Cheers

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #14  
Here’s a photo of my original 135 diesel tachometer. 1700 = 540 RPM. Note that it runs counter-clockwise. My concern for the OP is operating it for long periods in reverse. You only have two reverse gears and likely a very stiff two stage clutch. Your left leg could become Popeye’d trying to maintain 540 PTO speed and a desirable ground speed. Great tough old tractors with plenty of grunt power.

Note: I know nothing about blowing snow.

Haha...that makes 2 of us, I don't know anything about blowing snow either....I will take your comments into consideration when I start though...Cheers

Good Luck
Thank you, you make some important points that I didn't even consider. I really am new at this, a bit out of my element but I am learning. Thanks again for the great pointers. Cheers

My dear friend you are blessed with what is referred to as a Block Heater and they are the C'est le fun.

As you have 2 acres on a lake front property is it safe to assume you have a cottage with a steep driveway?
We have many of those on Cayuga Lake.

How much driveway will you need to clear?? are you sharing a private road with many neighbors that would require
a 2 stage snow caster that large???

For the comparison money/Canadian Loonies you may be looking spending it would be well worth your while
to consider a Yamaha 1028JA tracked snow blower (60 tons per hour) for snow removal for $5,099.00 Can.,
or its bigger brother the 1332ED $6699.00 as it has steering brakes and it will clear 76 tons of snow per hour.

Leon
Hello Leon
I live here year round which makes it very easy to maintain my property. My driveway is about 100 yards and I have a private road of about 250 yards. I have a quad with tracks and a plow, also a 28 inch Simplicity snowblower. Last year was not to bad for snow clearing with my equipment. I bought my Massey to make life just a bit easier. I have the tractor so why not a snowblower. We get lots of snow in Temiscaming.

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #18  
Here’s a photo of my original 135 diesel tachometer. 1700 = 540 RPM. Note that it runs counter-clockwise. My concern for the OP is operating it for long periods in reverse. You only have two reverse gears and likely a very stiff two stage clutch. Your left leg could become Popeye’d trying to maintain 540 PTO speed and a desirable ground speed. Great tough old tractors with plenty of grunt power.

Note: I know nothing about blowing snow.

The counter clockwise tach took getting used to when double clutching main box on the road :)

For snow blower, of the two reverse speeds, you have creeper slow (low range) and warp speed (high range).

When I ran a 78" on the 240, Low reverse was perfect, I used foot throttle and just held it to the floor, no worries over speeding a snow blower and it works better.

For deep snow you carry the blower a foot or more off the ground and just take the top off the snow 1st pass, if the RPMs fall off, clutch 1st stage and let the blower clear, good time to shift to forward (L4) and travel back to where you started, then drop blower all the way, or even just below 1st pass height, make second/third pass to clean the path. Once you have the width of the blower totally clear, you can take 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 width of the blower or whatever you can do without stopping/clutching.

I've had to chew through 4 foot drifts. Does take the toll on the clutch leg going back and forth.

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #19  
Most of good advices have been given...I'd ad one...important: get a four paddle blower, forget the three paddle blower

/ Compatibility Massey 35 and 135 PTO operating the same snowblower #20  
I'm presently rebuilding and modifying a snowblower (front to three point rear), and thus have been doing research. I was very well assisted with wisdom from staff at Bercomac. I recommend that you inquire with them, they really know about snowblowers!
I have just started a research project or doing just the opposite - converting a rear 3pt blower to a front mount mid-pto configuration. I can not seem to find a gerbox for changing the direction of input rotation though - any leads you might have?? Tks