Concrete & loader Bucket

/ Concrete & loader Bucket #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Here is a question that I hope someone has had experience with. Has anyone done any concrete work and used their loader bucket to haul the concrete? I have a B2710 with a 60" loader. Manual says the bucket will hold 8.1 cu ft and has a capacity of 1005lbs. (This is a LA402 loader) Looked up weight of concrete and it's ~ 150 lbs cu ft. That would make a full bucket about 1200 lbs. I have to get this load up a gravel driveway that I'm sure a concrete truck can't get up. (I'm laying a floor in my garage.) If anyone has done this with their tractor I would be glad to hear of their experience or any comments from anyone on the subject.

/ Concrete & loader Bucket #2  
I personally have never hauled liquid concrete in my bucket but it sounds to me like you might be in for a wild ride even at a slow speed. If you do try to do this make sure you have ample counter weight in the rear or else you'll be riding on your two small tires./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
How steep is your drive that a concrete truck can't make the grade? How many trips will you have to make with the tractor to complete the slab?
Like I said in the begining I'm no expert but it sounds to me like it could be disaster in the making. But that is my two cents. With some of the crazy things I have done with my tractor I no room to talk about the disaster in the making, I've made a few myself over the years./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
If you do decide to do this what will happen if you have 8 yards of concrete at the bottom of your drive and find that the tractor wont haul it???? But you could always do 3/4 full buckets just have to make the mix extra wet so you will have some time to work it after you finish hauling it.
While I'm rambling you might want to check the rental centers in your area and see if they have any crete haulers sort of like a pickup body with a chute on the back that you could tow with the tractor. Another option but expensive is a pump truck.
Gordon

/ Concrete & loader Bucket #3  
Bill,
I have done this with my old Oliver, but that tractor could hold about 2k in the bucket. I had some extra cement left over from pouring the slabs on my shop and made a form for the bilko door just in case there was left over. I only had to make 3 short trips on level ground so that is not too much help. Just make sure to wet your bucket first and scrub with a brush after to get all the cement off.

Von

/ Concrete & loader Bucket #4  
Bill, I have personally hauled concrete with my L35 which was dispensed from the concrete truck into my bucket and it worked great. I had a situation where the truck could not access very good so I decided to use the L35. Would not hestitate to do it again. Give it a try! Jon S.

/ Concrete & loader Bucket #5  
I've done it with my B2150 and a 580 Case. You don't have to worry about overloading your bucket due to the fact that you would have to have it raised much to high for safe transport for it to be level enough to hold its full capacity. This is where four link buckets really shine, they will roll back without having to be raised to high. You didn't say why the concrete truck couldn't get up the drive, unless its physical obstacles or turns to tight a good driver will suprise you where he can take the truck especially if it's a 6x6 front pour. But in answer to your question it will work it just takes a little time. Just be sure to rinse out the bucket good and anywhere else it splatters and believe you me it will.