conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #51  
Depends on your ever changing individual situations. Bunch of limbs, bucket up. Stumps, bucket down. Muddy, loader off. Just depends.

Depends on your ever changing individual situations. Bunch of limbs, bucket up. Stumps, bucket down. Muddy, loader off. Just depends.
You must type faster than me because that's the same thing I was just going to say.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #52  
I always use the bucket attached. Often want to carry stuff in it or use it to grab and to pull down stuff. Been doing this on 4 tractors since 2004. Thought this big 60 inch bucket on the B2601 would be a problem alongside the trail up the hill a tad. Nope.

Will work for catching stuff in a big field. Just run it about 3 or 4 inches up off the ground, level.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #53  
I have steep slopes and leave bucket low and curledup a little so I can drop it to ground if needed. Helps slow forward motion

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #54  
I see NO good reason to drag the bucket around, it's just dead weight that gets in the way,

Resized-20200902-165932-3956-S.jpg

SR
Same goes for the loader in my opinion.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #55  
Same goes for the loader in my opinion.
Agreed, but it's not as easy to drop off the loader in the tractor in the pict. as I would like... It's also why I'm looking around for another (the right) tractor without a loader, for rotary cutting...

I had one lined up in NY a month ago, but before I got there, the place rented it out to a guy that broke it in half!!

SR

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #56  
Agreed, but it's not as easy to drop off the loader in the tractor in the pict. as I would like... It's also why I'm looking around for another (the right) tractor without a loader, for rotary cutting...

I had one lined up in NY a month ago, but before I got there, the place rented it out to a guy that broke it in half!!

SR

Yup. Removing the whole loader assembly off my Kubota is a matter of pulling two pins and disconnecting 4 hoses. But for many years when all I had was my old John Deere removing the loader was an involved process - 8 bolts if I remember correctly that had to be unbolted in addition to the hoses disconnected. Unlike the Kubota loader that stands on its own legs, the John Deere loader needs to be lifted off the tractor and for that I built a tall frame and hung a chainfall on it that lifts and holds the loader.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #57  
I always do rotary cutting with my loader and bucket attached. It makes a nice trash bucket for downed limbs and other things I find while cutting.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #58  
Muddy, loader off. Just depends.
This one has me curious. First of all why mow when it's muddy; but mainly, how do you pull yourself out if you get stuck?

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #59  
Everyone I know that cuts for a living has a machine without a FEL for doing the work.

/ conflicting advice on using bucket with rotary cutter #60  
I cut grass with the bucket on.
for me it doesnt make sense to remove it. and it really makes no sense on removing the loader to cut grass.

I will remove the bucket if needed to cut in tight areas.
The loader and bucket are used for pretty much everything I do. It stays on for things I dont even know i need it for until its time.