Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo.

/ Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo. #1  

Texasmark

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford: '88 3910 Series II, '65 3000; '07 6530C Branson with FEL, 2020 LS MT225S. All Diesels
Specifications sheet says 1.4 qt as the crankcase capacity............duhhhhhhhh! Gotta be a misprint. My riding mowers use more than that. What should it really be? 1.4 gallons would be more like it or more. My 65 hp Branson uses 2.5 gallons, having 50% more cubes (2.1L vs 3.3L).

Thanks,
Mark

/ Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo. #2  
If you are wide awake and reading it correctly - its surely some kind of typo error. My 62 hp Kubota M6040 uses 14 quarts for engine oil & filter change.

I would take a guess and say it should be 14 quarts. But don't take my figures as gospel for your tractor.

Drain the oil, measure it - including what comes out of the filter and you will be in the ballpark. I always hold back a quart - run the engine for 5 to 10 minuets, check it again and top off. When mine is a quart low it will show some oil at the bottom of the dipstick.

/ Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo. #3  
Checked it on-line here

OMLVU28780

and it says 1.4 gal, or 5.4L

Sounds closer.

/ Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo.
Thanks. Hope the owner's manual says gal and not qts. Neighbor just bought one and they are new to farming......doing my best to help them make the transition. Fingers crossed. One reason I pointed them toward green was the dealer service setup. Figured they'd need the whole shebang, including the dealer sending the service truck out to service it and all and JD was the only one around here with that depth of service.

/ Confusion on crankcase capacity for 4052R, 52 hp Yanmar turbo. #5  
Texasmark
I think that link is the owners manual.