Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300 #1  

tobinator1959

I want to connect my Deere #5 sickle mower hydraulic cylinder to my Deere 4300 so I can raise and lower the bar. The cylinder on the sickle bar has 2 hose connections, but one is plugged and the other has a 1/2" hose connected. I was thinking about just connecting the hose to the FEL. I would use the connection that curles the bucket, that way I could still raise/lower the FEL while I'm using the sickle mower. Any thoughts, suggestions, alternatives?

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300
I want to connect my Deere #5 sickle mower hydraulic cylinder to my Deere 4300 so I can raise and lower the bar. The cylinder on the sickle bar has 2 hose connections, but one is plugged and the other has a 1/2" hose connected. I was thinking about just connecting the hose to the FEL. I would use the connection that curles the bucket, that way I could still raise/lower the FEL while I'm using the sickle mower. Any thoughts, suggestions, alternatives?

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300 #3  
You don't have the FEL on a joystick and have open SCV's on the rear? I'd think the best way would be to have the loader fully functional to avoid having to release pressure on the bucket cyl when reattaching. Or, if you don't have a free SCV I'd look into a splitter that you could use to divert the flow. It's kind of spendy but you would have full function back to the loader at the flick of a lever since it seems the only time a loader is needed is when it's off or not working.

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300 #4  
You don't have the FEL on a joystick and have open SCV's on the rear? I'd think the best way would be to have the loader fully functional to avoid having to release pressure on the bucket cyl when reattaching. Or, if you don't have a free SCV I'd look into a splitter that you could use to divert the flow. It's kind of spendy but you would have full function back to the loader at the flick of a lever since it seems the only time a loader is needed is when it's off or not working.

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300 #5  
The cheapest option is what you already mentioned, just plumbing the line to the FEL ports. The other options will cost $400.00 and up (rear remotes from JD, a soleniod diverter, a soleniod valve, ect.)

On second thought...the JD remote kit is propably the best option, as your tractor has the third valve already on it, the kit just comes with the plumbing lines and the control linkages. Might want to check your dealer for prices, seems I heard about $275-$300 a few years ago...

On your mower you have a DA (double acting) cylinder plumbed as a SA (single acting) cylinder, so the weight of the mower lowers itself, you cannot put down pressure on it. If you remove the plug and add a second hose, then you can have full control of the mowers travel for the price of a hose.

/ Connect #5 sickle mower hydraulics to Deere 4300 #6  
The cheapest option is what you already mentioned, just plumbing the line to the FEL ports. The other options will cost $400.00 and up (rear remotes from JD, a soleniod diverter, a soleniod valve, ect.)

On second thought...the JD remote kit is propably the best option, as your tractor has the third valve already on it, the kit just comes with the plumbing lines and the control linkages. Might want to check your dealer for prices, seems I heard about $275-$300 a few years ago...

On your mower you have a DA (double acting) cylinder plumbed as a SA (single acting) cylinder, so the weight of the mower lowers itself, you cannot put down pressure on it. If you remove the plug and add a second hose, then you can have full control of the mowers travel for the price of a hose.