Connecticut Dealer gone

/ Connecticut Dealer gone #1  

doneill127

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max
Stopped by Ellington Power Equipment to get some parts pricing and found out they stopped selling Mahindra tractors and parts about a month ago. They were located in north central CT. Closest to me now are Orchard Hill in Belchertown, MA. and Dubay Tractor in Danielson,CT, both about 30 minutes away. There's also Johnson Automotive in Bethany CT, the largest of the 3 but they are about 65 miles away.

/ Connecticut Dealer gone
No they did not. They are still carrying their other products, Gravely,Stihl,Aries and Deere lawn and garden.

/ Connecticut Dealer gone #4  
If you go to their website, Ellington looks like an Agway store that sells lawn and garden equipment. They don't look like a real tractor dealer in the sense of having a service department with mechanics trained to work on larger tractors. There are a lot of powersports dealers carrying tractor brands now too and I'd question the same with them, are the mechanics that work on snowmobiles and motorcycles qualified and trained to split a tractor to do a clutch or to work on the complicated fuel system of a tier 4 engine? Anyone can SELL a tractor but can they actually SERVICE it becomes the big question. Everyone says to shop the dealer and this is why.

/ Connecticut Dealer gone #5  
My guess would be that with the other "real" tractor dealers so close that perhaps Mahindra dropped Ellington as a dealer. If you need service you will be far more likely to get qualified mechanics working on your machine at Orchard Hill, Dubay Tractor, or Johnson Automotive...all companies that specialize in selling and servicing tractors.

/ Connecticut Dealer gone
Not sure I’d agree with that here’s the Mahindra link to the dealer https://mahindrausa.com/dealer/ellingtonagwaypowerequip. They had a full service shop and mobile service. Had a couple of warranty issues and was very happy with both the shop and mobile mechanics. I didn’t want to speculate on whether they dropped Mahindra or Mahindra dropped them. Kind of like a divorce, who messed up all depends on who you talk to