Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I am considering the LS XG3037 with a LL3109 FEL for my small farm operation. Will primarily use it to lift/move 4x5 bales of hay (700-900 lbs max), mow approx. 30 acres 2-3 times a year, and then just general bucket work. It appears from all of the specs that the XG3037 should be able handle this with no problems, but was hoping to get some opinions from others or those who have the same tractor. I would greatly appreciate any and all input.

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #2  
Welcome to TBN..................................

I have the XR not XG. Same tractor with more options.
The XG will handle those bales easily. Just make sure you have rear ballast weight on the 3 pt. or the rear end will get light. Several companies sell QA pallet forks with a bale spear attachment.
30 acres 2-3 times a year isn't too hard. I assume you will use a brush hog and not a finish mower.
For general bucket / loader work you might consider getting HST instead of gear.
I also have the R4's.

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader
I plan on keeping the brush hog on the 3 pt when using it to put out hay or using the bucket. I have been researching the QA hay spear attachments and even found a couple compatible ones for less than $250 each with free shipping on Amazon. Still researching the brush hog and will probably check with the local LS dealer to see what kind of deal he can make on one with the tractor purchase.

I really appreciate your input, George2615. This will be my first new tractor purchase and just want to make sure that I am on the right path. Don't need a big tractor...just need a good one that can handle the load. Thanks, again.

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #4  
I have been checking CL every day, but so far am only seeing ones that are in poor condition or nearly as expensive as a new one. Will just keep looking.

I like the combo pallet forks/hay spear idea...will have to check that out. Thanks.

Ordered my XG3037 today with the LL3109 loader, 110 gals tire ballast, and Kodiak SD5 rough cut mower. People at the dealership are great to work with and have been in the community doing business for nearly 40 years.

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #7  
Congratulations and :welcome:

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #8  
Just had exactly the same tractor and FEL delivered to me today. Only got to use it for a few minutes but I think I'm already in love.

Congratulations, Poolman67. I have had mine now for 4 months and am very happy with my decision. It is a work horse. Only have 40 hours on it so far....been a little busy with our move to the farm, but am now able to spend more time working the land. I added a new Kodiak mower, Titan fork lift/hay spear combo, and just recently picked up a used Bush Hog box blade (in great condition) and have used all of these multiple times. The fork lift/hay spear combo was absolutely the way to go. When I use the fork lift (without spears) for moving items from place to place, I put a pallet on it to provide a more stable surface and then load it up. I attached eye bolts and chains to the sides of the pallet that wrap around the frame of the fork lift and I can then load it up with brush and old logs and dispose of them in my burn pile without losing the pallet.

Hope you enjoy your XG3037 as much I am. I nicknamed it the Blue Mule!

/ Considering LS XG3037 with LL3109 Loader #10  
Ordered my XG3037 today with the LL3109 loader, 110 gals tire ballast, and Kodiak SD5 rough cut mower. People at the dealership are great to work with and have been in the community doing business for nearly 40 years.

110 gallons of tire ballast? He must have loaded all 4. I don't think you can get 110 gallons (55 each) in just the rears. I filled my rears and could only get 39 gallons in each rear tire for a recommended 75-80% fill.
Congrats on your purchase and post pics or it didn't happen.