Buying Advice Considering new 2607H... anyone have real world experience? Loader capacity in questi

/ Considering new 2607H... anyone have real world experience? Loader capacity in questi #11  
Got a 2606H with just over 300 hours. No problems with anything. I have the 84” loader and it’s a bear. The 72” would be more nimble. I too wouldn’t mind the power shuttle. That would be a MF4707. More money and more tractor, with even better loader lift. You should look at them both.

/ Considering new 2607H... anyone have real world experience? Loader capacity in questi #12  
Im glad you started this post. Massey does not do a good job of marketing their products or reaching out to the community. It would be nice to read more about real world experience with their equipment rather than reading about people who are partial to a color, rant about how they love it so much.

I bought a new 2020 2607H in late summer of 2020. I bought it from the Belle Meade Garage in Belle Meade NJ- best dealer I have ever met (this is my third brand new Massey Ferguson purchase all from different dealers in the last 5 years). I searched around for a while, and for me, this was the only one I could find on the east coast with a 7 foot bucket. I have a small hobby farm (about 10acres) in NY. I move a lot of bulk material and wanted a strong loader with a very large bucket. I use my tractor to move around and stock pile large quantities of wood chips, top soil (which certainly is not light!) and compost. Last fall I moved 3 tri-axle dump truck loads of 3/4 inch crushed gravel around my property with it- installed a new septic system and about 400 feet of curtain drains. The machine does not have loaded tires and would tip at times driving with a full bucket over the construction site. Had to keep bucket close to the ground. However, I bought an everything attachments box blade for large tractors that weighs in over 1000lbs for planned grading work on a new home site and building a new driveway. It is the 78 inch model. Gives the tractor plenty of ballast, and since I have had it hooked up, I have not been off balance once. I also picked up a hydraulic top link for the box blade and hooked it up to one of the rear spool valves. Increases usefulness of the box blade tremendously! When I bought the tractor I had the dealer install a third function kit for anticipated grapple use in the future. Have not used it yet. The tractor starts up on the first try every time, even in the winter, without an engine block heater. It also sips fuel- does not gulp it down like other machinery I have owned. Speaking of which, Having ground level fueling is clutch! I wasn't sure if I would like the mechanical shuttle shift, especially for loader work-my other tractors have hydrostatic. However, after using it for a few days, I found that I actually preferred it. Clutching gets old some times and it would be nice for the electric shuttle option, like whats offered on the 4707, but it works for me and I have gotten used to it. I did not want to spend another $10,000 for that and other features I felt I would not use. I bought this tractor because it is heavy, its metal and its simple. All you need for moving earth. I do not use it for haying or other farm related traditional tractor 3point work. (Yet)

I also use this tractor for snow removal. I put on some edge tamers so the bucket does not dig into the ground and it works like a snow pusher box due to the oversized capacity of the bucket. I can clear about 150 feet with one straight push. The most snow I have tried to push through at once so far was about 12 inches The 4x4 paired with the huge AG tires up front is amazing!! The tractor just keeps going.

The other day I had to load my landscaping trailer (7x14)up with a bunch of heavy cabinets and appliances for a move that were in my basement (I have a walk out area you can back a truck up to). I pull it with a 2019 F250 diesel crew cab. I had already cleared snow off of the grass where I had to back the trailer through (leaving about a compacted 2 inch base). I was about 60 feet away from the driveway and the truck started spinning out in 4x4. The weight of truck trailer and load was probably around 8500-9000 pounds. Tire treads filled with snow and started to freeze. I was stuck. I went and got my 2607h, attached my tow rope to the box blade and to the front tow hook on the truck. In third gear, low range, without giving it too much gas, the tractor pulled that truck right out and onto the road without breaking a sweat. Amazing!

For me, Power is perfect, weight is perfect, features are perfect, loader performance and loader max height are great (I can load a dump truck at max height) size is perfect (I can back it into my garage with 9 foot doors). The only thing that would have been nicer is having a hip mounted loader control for ergonomic reasons. However, I like that my hydraulic hoses are not dangling down under the tractor like You see on John Deere machines.

If you can find one, it is worth the price and so far I am very happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
   / Considering new 2607H... anyone have real world experience? Loader capacity in questi #13  
Check out vahrenburgh implement they have lots of youtube videos on all the MF tractors.