Continental 4 cyl gas heat shield for sale

/ Continental 4 cyl gas heat shield for sale #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
Many of you have the Continental Z134 or Z145 gas engines. One of the headaches working on these classic is replacing exhaust manifold gaskets. The problem you run into is the heat shield that wraps around the exhaust manifold. Sometimes they are thrown away of the headache of puting them back on. There are tricks to modify the heatshield to make it easy to reinstall whithout the hassel of using the manifold bolts are directed.

The reason I bring this up, is because if your shield is missing it can create other heat related problems that can stop your tractor in it's tracks. A great deal of heat is contained with the shield. without it it goes towards the gas tank, sediment bowl and metal gas lines. too much heat causes the fuel to boil at any one point causing a vapor lock and stalling the engine. Usually waiting a fre minutes and the tractor starts right back up.

I was recently browsing ebay for tractor and studebaker parts and found a Contenital heat shield for sale for $85. This sounds like a lot, but these shields are very very rare. I searched bone yards all over the country before locating one. So if you Continental doesn't have one. you might consider put it back on. it was there for a good reason. I don't normally post eBay sales links, but this one is rare and worth mentioning. Here's the link. it has a Buy It Now so if you want it buy it. Tommorro it might be gone.

Exhaust Heat Shield Continental Z134 - Z145 Massey Ferguson to 35 MF 35 | eBay

View attachment 339866