Controversy in the Night

/ Controversy in the Night #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Deer carcass rib cage controversy at SandburRanch. Even though the skunk is cocked and ready it looks as if the coyote won because in the later pic the carcass has been moved about 15 feet.

Attachments

• Game cam carcass - skunk.JPG
    Game cam carcass - skunk.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Game cam carcass - coyote 11-27-10.JPG
    Game cam carcass - coyote 11-27-10.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 329
   / Controversy in the Night #3  
In all my life here in Georgia I have only seen 2 skunks...one dead on the road and one in our front yard just as we were getting ready to walk outside to leave on vacation..We waited to leave for 30 min. or so until the Skunk left first...Great pictures...I wonder how the Coyote smelled..too bad you don't have smellivision on the game camera ..LOL

/ Controversy in the Night
In all my life here in Georgia I have only seen 2 skunks...one dead on the road and one in our front yard just as we were getting ready to walk outside to leave on vacation..We waited to leave for 30 min. or so until the Skunk left first...Great pictures...I wonder how the Coyote smelled..too bad you don't have smellivision on the game camera ..LOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As we can see this coyote isn't a last spring's pup but a seasoned veteran and being wile he somehow convinced the skunk to leave the area without a trace or should I say smell.:D And I'm glad because this was only about 80 yards from the house.

/ Controversy in the Night #6  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As we can see this coyote isn't a last spring's pup but a seasoned veteran and being wile he somehow convinced the skunk to leave the area without a trace or should I say smell.:D And I'm glad because this was only about 80 yards from the house.

I know my neighbor had a skunk under his house that pulled his trigger and it took a year for the smell to leave despite all their clean up efforts...:)

Never knew a spotted skunk existed until I saw them in the woods of Georgia. Must of seen at least 5 of them a night to boot.

That is amazing..but then I have not ever been in the woods late at night unless I was looking for a newborn calf or a broken fence and I have just never seen them except for those two I mentioned..:confused2:

/ Controversy in the Night #7  
We have BIG ole skunk hanging around,at times best watch dog ever.

When tail that high warning or not,I wouldn't hang around to find out.;)

/ Controversy in the Night #8  
One night while walking after dark in a campground, I heard something ahead of me and turned on the flashlight. Good thing I did, there were two skunks ahead of me :confused2:

One of the cutest things I've ever seen was a huddle of a dozen baby skunks moving together in a tight little circle about a foot across. Then momma came along about 40' behind them!

We have seen our one dog take on a skunk in the pasture. We could see the stream flying as he grabbed it. He tried rubbing his face on the grass and then headed to the pond.

/ Controversy in the Night
More Controversy the night of 11-27/28.:D The coyote seems to have control at the moment but is being very careful of Mr. Skunk and I see in the one pic he has brought reinforcement just in case things get out of hand.

A Red Fox and Opossum can be added to the critter list.

I had to tie the carcass to the tree to keep it in camera location.

Attachments

• Game cam - coyote - skunk 11-28-10.JPG
    Game cam - coyote - skunk 11-28-10.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Game cam - coyote pulling 11-28-10.JPG
    Game cam - coyote pulling 11-28-10.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Game cam carcass - fox 11-28-10.JPG
    Game cam carcass - fox 11-28-10.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Game cam - Opossom 11-28-10.JPG
    Game cam - Opossom 11-28-10.JPG