3-Point Hitch Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas

/ Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas #1  

madmedic7

Tractor
1956 AC model B
I just purchesed a 1956 AC model B. It could use some restoration but runs and drives great. Would like some input on converting it to three point hitch.

Attachments

• 20131114_172247.jpg
    20131114_172247.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 114
   / Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas #2  
Wow, that brings back some memories. We had one very similar to that on the farm years ago. We mainly used it for a row crop tractor and pulling an old pull-type 2 row cotton stripper. My brother and I hated it and tried everything we could to kill it. I even ran it off the road into a deep bar ditch at full road speed (accidentally). Never succeeded in killing it. Came a lot closer to killing myself.

Congrats on the find, and good luck with the project.

/ Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas #3  
See a lot of those rusting out in farmers fields. Should be easy to find parts for.

/ Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas
I have looked at a lot of the conversion kits. I am gonna try to build mine so that I can still use the snap couplings on the lift arms for the AC cultivator I got with the tractor. If I get if right I will post pics of the conversion. Good thing I enjoy building stuff from scratch. With only $300 paid for the tractor I can afford to make a few errors before I get it right.

/ Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas #6  
I have looked at a lot of the conversion kits. I am gonna try to build mine so that I can still use the snap couplings on the lift arms for the AC cultivator I got with the tractor. If I get if right I will post pics of the conversion. Good thing I enjoy building stuff from scratch. With only $300 paid for the tractor I can afford to make a few errors before I get it right.

had my Allis B since 1970. its a 1939 hand crank start with a magneto and hand brakes. Someone before me added a generator and lights. I got a 1 row belly mounted cultivator, one bottom plow, and a homemade front mounted snow blade and a couple of sections of harrow for $375 back then. I picked up a Woods belly mower for it in 2007 with all the mounts for a B. I added a homemade hydraulic system driven off the belt pulley shaft. Its not live hydraulic but it beats lifting everything by hand. Used it early on to plow gardens for people. Its been a lot of fun over the years being small and compact.

/ Converting AC modelB to 3 Point....couod use ideas
Think I have the hitch worked out. Will post pics when I am sure the function is correct