Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #31  
I watched the videos and the only advantage I see is scooping up dirt/crushed rock which is good for construction purposes, all other functions could be done with a grapple or thumb on a bucket and then if one made some sort of add on to grapple, that could scoop up dirt also. If I had 40hp tractor, I'd go grapple and modify for dirt. I'm quite certain that a 4 in 1 bucket is to heavy for my tractor, with my bucket full of dirt the lift is maxed out, I'd rather lift a bucket full of dirt/heavy log then a heavy bucket.

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #32  
I watched the videos and the only advantage I see is scooping up dirt/crushed rock which is good for construction purposes, all other functions could be done with a grapple or thumb on a bucket and then if one made some sort of add on to grapple, that could scoop up dirt also. If I had 40hp tractor, I'd go grapple and modify for dirt. I'm quite certain that a 4 in 1 bucket is to heavy for my tractor, with my bucket full of dirt the lift is maxed out, I'd rather lift a bucket full of dirt/heavy log then a heavy bucket.

And that is why it's important to accept differences. In your first sentence you used two tools. With a 4 in 1, you would have only used one tool.

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #33  
I would think that if you were working on a construction site, you could not ask for anything better than a 4 in 1. One tool to do the work of at least 4 and maybe more. If you were at home and have all of your tools in one place, I would think you could gain advantage by using the one correct tool for the one job and quickly changing tools.

I do the same thing when I go work on the daughters house, I try to take the multi combo tools like 4 in 1 screwdrivers, and things like that so I will likely have something I can get the job done with. IF I work at home I don't pick up those tools, I use specific tools for a job, because they work a bit better.

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #34  
Yep, me too. That's why I don't have a 4n1.

But they are wayyyy cool in the certain circumstances. :)

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #35  
And that is why it's important to accept differences. In your first sentence you used two tools. With a 4 in 1, you would have only used one tool.

What are you talking about, the first sentence is one tool, one bucket, one pile of dirt, one pile crushed rock, one pile of whatever.....That was the only advantage that I seen where a 4---1 bucket works good, all other grabbing of this and that could of been done better with grapple on a bucket. And I didn't say anything about not accepting differences, I could care less what people put on their tractor.

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #36  
What are you talking about, the first sentence is one tool, one bucket, one pile of dirt, one pile crushed rock, one pile of whatever.....That was the only advantage that I seen where a 4---1 bucket works good, all other grabbing of this and that could of been done better with grapple on a bucket. And I didn't say anything about not accepting differences, I could care less what people put on their tractor.

Sorry, but here's your previous paragraph, first sentence highlighted. Sounds like a grapple OR thumb on a bucket, i.e., two tools. Actually three because you then added a scoop to the Grapple. :)

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #37  
Sorry, but here's your previous paragraph, first sentence highlighted. Sounds like a grapple OR thumb on a bucket, i.e., two tools. Actually three because you then added a scoop to the Grapple. :)

Good-grief. Did you do a spell check aslo, I'm really not getting your point, on my tractor I would put a thumb so to keep weight down, if I had a bigger tractor I would put grapple on, then if I wanted and or needed to scoop up dirt like how the 4--1 bucket does, I would temporarily bolt on a steel plate, on my tractor the thumb would be bolted/pinned for removal when not needed.
I would only have a 4--1 bucket on a construction site or at the farm to pick up farm stuff and then I would have on a quick detach loader. I cant wait for you nit-pick this apart.......

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #38  
I also thought on that last video, drilling holes with an open PTO shaft looked kind of maybe not safe, but if they pay attention guess it's be ok.

/ Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One #39  
Would it be possible for you to post some closeup photos of your 4in1 on the B1550?

P.S. I spent a fortnight in Adelaide, South Australia back in 1982 visiting the John Shearer Company which was the "John Deere" of Australia at that time. An older Russian engineer working there insisted on giving me a tour of the surrounding wine country. It was a bit scary as the more vineyard tasting stations we visited the faster he drove.
Australia is a beautiful country!

npalen.... The B1550 is 300 ks away at the moment so these old photos are the best I can do for now. The 4in1 is simply invaluable as far as I am concerned, but everyones circumstances are different. It is exceptionally heavy though, so a hefty weight on the back is essential. Fortunately the backhoe serves that purpose.

Yeah, John Shearer's were a big deal once upon a time. Mainly built tow-behind stuff ; plows, seeders, etc. Sadly they are long gone, along with most of our manufacturers. They were in a small country town called Mannum. It must have seemed a long way from the U.S.A! Its been about 105 degrees in Adelaide for the last couple of days. What time of the year did you visit?

Start a thread about your Bobcat rebuild, especially the bucket portion. Thanks in advance!!!

ovrszd... The Bobcat is an old 610. I've described some of the project on 'skidsteerforum'. I got a bobcat+trailer package deal:laughing:. I did also get a bucket with it but thats not in the pic. The Bobcat is completely dismantled at the moment. I've repaired axles and seals, hydraulic control block, and I'm just reassembling the Wisconsin VH4D engine after having it rebored 40 thou oversize. Next big job is painting the frame so I can start putting it back together. The bucket conversion project is probably quite a few months away but I will give details if it happens.

Attachments

• 610b.gif
    610b.gif
    352.9 KB · Views: 93
  • bucket3.jpg
    bucket3.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 4in1.gif
    4in1.gif
    343.8 KB · Views: 133
   / Converting FEL Bucket to Four in One
Yeah, John Shearer's were a big deal once upon a time. Mainly built tow-behind stuff ; plows, seeders, etc. Sadly they are long gone, along with most of our manufacturers. They were in a small country town called Mannum. It must have seemed a long way from the U.S.A! Its been about 105 degrees in Adelaide for the last couple of days. What time of the year did you visit?

I'm guessing about February and the weather was quite balmy. That's usually not the case here in Kansas although the weatherman is predicting 72F tomorrow. (Feb. 10)