Cooking Mice

/ Cooking Mice #21  
I've had good luck with just leaving the hoods up on my equipment . . . they are more of a problem in the rest of my shop/barn but the resident cats have their job to do.

/ Cooking Mice #22  
Seems nearly every time I start the Deere 3033R I get grass, fur, lots of smoke and a burnt mouse smell coming from the exhaust stack.
The lid has a grate on it but there is definitely room in-between the actual pipe and the lid for vermin to climb down.

Does a mouse in the exhaust create potential engine issues? is there some sort of high temp grate that I can attach on the pipe itself to keep them out.

Thanks for your ideas and comments.
Rev it up, blow them out....

/ Cooking Mice #23  
Can't help it but when I read the title...

1675478525779.png

/ Cooking Mice #24  
Can't help it but when I read the title...

View attachment 782253
Thread title: "Cooking Mice".

I thought it was about cooking mice to eat, made me think of a boy scout survival camp out where someone else cooked a couple for the sake of grossing everybody out. But proceeded to eat them and did gross most of the other scouts out. yuk!

/ Cooking Mice #25  
Somebody mentioned "cats". If we did not keep cats here the darn cotton mice would make life miserable. They're well worth having......and now and then you'll get one that's special.....a real pistol. Like the one we had who'd chase the deer around the feeder in the front yard.

/ Cooking Mice #26  
I hear you! I have a few barn cats around always have, but every once in a while, ya get a Rambo:cool:, got me one at the present, a cold blooded killer.(y)

/ Cooking Mice #27  
Somebody mentioned "cats". If we did not keep cats here the darn cotton mice would make life miserable. They're well worth having......and now and then you'll get one that's special.....a real pistol. Like the one we had who'd chase the deer around the feeder in the front yard.
what would he do if he caught one lol