Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,962  
Wow, nice vista!

I'll assume you didn't run off the tower, since you posted these pics.
No, we're good. :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly, there's no cell signal at the top of the tower for T-mobile users. 🙃

You can see for 20 miles, but no signal.

We go there maybe 2-3 times a year. Nice walking park along the Tippecanoe River.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,963  
I wish we could post apple Live pictures here. The wind was blowing and the trees were swaying pretty good.

You'd never know those fall colors were there from the ground, as the woods are so thick. As you climb the tower, it's just tree trunks and branches, then, in the last 10-15' you're in the canopy of color, then pop out above it. Walking up the steps is very similar to drone videos that you may have seen of a drone rising through the trees. It's something that should be experienced personally. (y)

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,964  
Tippecanoe River State Park, October 23, 2022, around 5:40 PM. This entire weekend was about the nicest fall weekend for weather and fall peak colors that we've had in the past 25 years.

View from the top of the fire tower. Very windy, buy well worth the climb.

Click on them to blow them up.

Enjoy!

View attachment 767582 View attachment 767583 View attachment 767584 View attachment 767585 View attachment 767586 View attachment 767587
Beautiful. I'd love to see it, climbing all those stairs. That's in Indiana isn't it? But Indiana wants me, and Lord...I can't go back there.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,965  
Beautiful. I'd love to see it, climbing all those stairs. That's in Indiana isn't it? But Indiana wants me, and Lord...I can't go back there.
Gotta say I've never heard that one and had to look it up. One hit wonder, apparently. Pretty successful in the US, Canada and the UK. Thanks. (y)

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,966  
My new avatar. A crab on the beach on Kiawah Island a few weeks ago.
Little fellow was none too happy getting his photo taken.
33816.jpeg