Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,021  
Along the same line, though not framed too well as I did not want to disturb the nest once I saw the babies:
20240523_151938.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,024  
We went to visit my in-laws today which only live about 6 miles west of us. We could hear the sirens going off on the way home and saw these clouds, I assume a wall cloud. Pretty impressive and as far as I know no tornadoes came out of it.
IMG_2466.jpeg
IMG_2468.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,025  
We went to visit my in-laws today which only live about 6 miles west of us. We could hear the sirens going off on the way home and saw these clouds, I assume a wall cloud. Pretty impressive and as far as I know no tornadoes came out of it.View attachment 871941View attachment 871943
Neat!

Also brings up the question, does anyone obey the speed limit when fleeing a tornado?

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,028  
Neat!

Also brings up the question, does anyone obey the speed limit when fleeing a tornado?
Darwin's law of natural selection applies to those that obey the speed limit when fleeing a tornado :ROFLMAO:

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,029  
There are a couple of recently vacated bird’s nests overhead in the tractor shed. Maybe he was trying to get to them?

Probably! My pole barn has bird nests up high on the posts, just under the roof. I see the snakes manage to climb up there to get at the eggs and baby birds. The shortest of these poles is 13' high!

bull snake & bird nest.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #3,030  
The aurora occurred the morning of my birthday. I'm glad so many others got to enjoy my birthday present from the Creator.
The only editing I did was to increase the saturation some.
FL707424.JPG
FL707437.JPG
FL707461.JPG

Last edited: