Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #772  
I'm building outdoor stairs right now and this spider appears. I've never seen anything like it, lived in Virginia 68 years.
It would walk a little then jump. I took lots of pictures, then it looked at me. I guess it got tired of me and jumped on my face!
I ran in the house screaming like a little girl.

lol....that's funny, I just saw one of these the other day too, and thought WTF?? Never seen such a thing before. He was on my shed door. Reminded me of the black jumping spiders always hanging out in the mailboxes. Like it mutated or something.... :eek:

/ Cool Nature Photos #773  
Took these photos out my front window this morning. So far we have seen five fawns on our place this year. Two of them are twins.
We see them nursing occasionally but seldom when we have a camera on hand.
IMGP7603.JPGIMGP7604.JPGIMGP7605.JPG

/ Cool Nature Photos #774  
Two headed Moth.

An intimate moment in nature. :)

20200612_060926.jpg

20200612_060909.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #775  
Two headed Moth.

An intimate moment in nature. :)

Mod's will have to give this thread a NC-17 rating now...:laughing:

/ Cool Nature Photos #777  
I'm building outdoor stairs right now and this spider appears. I've never seen anything like it, lived in Virginia 68 years.
It would walk a little then jump. I took lots of pictures, then it looked at me. I guess it got tired of me and jumped on my face!
I ran in the house screaming like a little girl.View attachment 659347View attachment 659348

Whitman's jumping spider?

/ Cool Nature Photos #780  
Speaking of spiders, this odd little fellow came to visit today. Kinda crab-like in appearance, with long (relatively..) front legs.

This is one of the culprits when you see spider webs seemingly coming from no where floating around. This little guy, when he's ready to go, will arch his little behind up in the air, and let a stream of web shoot up into the breeze, until it catches something, then off he goes. I followed one web string a good 50ft before I lost sight of it.

His body is only about 1/4" long, so he's tiny, but quite fascinating to watch.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 67