Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,141  
After sitting in the trees for an hour, the owl flew and sat on the Martin box. He sure looks well fed. We have no rabbits and our squirrel numbers are dwindling.

owl2 002.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,142  
Trumpeters seen in a swamp near Lake Ste Kathryn Campground in the Ottawa NF yesterday. This is in the UP of Michigan. Sections of the swamp was still frozen. They were some distance from us, so my photos are poor.

P1100316.jpg
P1100319.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,143  
We have some albino which are really gray squirrels, who come to our feeder. We sometimes have more than one here at a time and yes, they have pink eyes. We've seen them here for 20+ years so those we see today, must be there kits. How could we have so many here?? They seem to do fine. Does anyone else see this?
whitesql237.jpg
P1100249.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cool Nature Photos #1,148  
We have grey, brown and black, saw a white deer once, but never an albino squirrel

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,149  
I know they exist, but have never seen a white one. I did see a black one once upon a time, but that's the only one I have ever seen.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,150  
I know they exist, but have never seen a white one. I did see a black one once upon a time, but that's the only one I have ever seen.
We have black ones here as well. Seems these gray squirrels have lots of color variety, like coyotes do. But the white albino ones??!!??