Cool or Rare Attachments

/ Cool or Rare Attachments
Ohhh i thought you have one.You are right its one of those things you would use once a year.

/ Cool or Rare Attachments #42  
I must be missing something, but what is the point of the AJK Hook Lift trailer.

I see that it can dump, which is something I see real value in, but what good does dropping the top off do for you?

I watched the video of it in action and I didn't see any tie down slots or D-rings on the bed part; therefore, even if it had them, it seems to raise the 'bed' up WAY to much vertically for anything to really be able to stay on, i.e., palatalized materials, implement, etc.

Now, even it they made different beds, other than allowing you to swap out between say their flatbed and maybe a container bed, it still goes back to me as being a glorified dump trailer. It just seems like a Rube Goldberg way of going about doing things.

Can someone more intelligent than I, set me straight, please? :confused:

Well,
It would be great for hauling wood. Maybe if you needed to haul more than one attachment to a job site or deep into you property instead of having to drive your tractor back and forth. Its great for hauling but i couldn't find a use to be able to drop the bed or container off.

/ Cool or Rare Attachments #44  
The 'bed' looked like it was a smooth floor. For that trailer to have any real worth to me, it'd need some stake pockets and the ability to put on sides and a back, if necessary.

I don't know what the thing might cost, but it doesn't look cheap. So to me, it's a huge oversight to not have the above mentioned option(s).

I agree, i am going to do some more research on it

/ Cool or Rare Attachments #46  
The appeal of a hook lift container is versatility. There's more than one kind of bed...

HookLift-Containers.jpg

It's a way of having one undercarriage to maintain but having multiple beds. I'm sure we've all seen the construction dumpsters that are delivered by a hook lift truck. The one that deere4320 linked us to is just smaller. Admittedly it's a small portion of the population that would need one or could even use one. I can see you firewood guys really enjoying the flexibility that this type of system would offer if you could justfiy the cost.

I found the website:

AJK Hydrolift NV

They are european and make them also for bigger trucks and tractors.

/ Cool or Rare Attachments #48  
Okay, I can see the versatility factor.

However, I still contend, that unlike a roll-off truck that delivers a dumpster to me and can easily load up a full one without losing everything; the mechanism that does the hooking and switching has WAY to much of a vertical motion/lift to it.

If I've used the trailer to get a load of anything that is on pallets. I can't leave it on the trailer bed and swap to something with sides to go pick up mulch.

My versatility has been lost. So why would I want such an animal.

How many times are you in the midst of something and switch gears to another project or need to bring a different attachment to bare on the work at hand. To me, this rather expensive looking 'tool' fails me when I need it the most.

/ Cool or Rare Attachments #49  
Okay, I can see the versatility factor.

However, I still contend, that unlike a roll-off truck that delivers a dumpster to me and can easily load up a full one without losing everything; the mechanism that does the hooking and switching has WAY to much of a vertical motion/lift to it.

If I've used the trailer to get a load of anything that is on pallets. I can't leave it on the trailer bed and swap to something with sides to go pick up mulch.

My versatility has been lost. So why would I want such an animal.

How many times are you in the midst of something and switch gears to another project or need to bring a different attachment to bare on the work at hand. To me, this rather expensive looking 'tool' fails me when I need it the most.

It's probably more useful for someone who sets a bin or some such in one place for a time and has to move it only occasionally. I can see produce farmers using something like this. They may have ten bins that are strategically placed throughout an orchard or field to collect the harvest.

I'm not sure what you'd use the flat deck for. I suppose if you had a LOT of faith in your chains or straps you could load it with equipment.

It's probably more useful for someone who sets a bin or some such in one place for a time and has to move it only occasionally. I can see produce farmers using something like this. They may have ten bins that are strategically placed throughout an orchard or field to collect the harvest.

I'm not sure what you'd use the flat deck for. I suppose if you had a LOT of faith in your chains or straps you could load it with equipment.

You are both right.......but it is still pretty cool.:)