Coolant evaporating

/ Coolant evaporating #11  
You can buy coolant leak detector dye and the UV light and glasses for 30. on a m a z o n...

/ Coolant evaporating
Do you have the updated coolant reservoir cap that was in a recall? They had caps that were not vented so pressure would build up and maybe leak or crack the tank.

See this video:

It is vented. I guess I’ll just add coolant, run it and look to see if it’s coming out somewhere on the tank. All connections seem to be fine on all clamps.

/ Coolant evaporating
You can buy coolant leak detector dye and the UV light and glasses for 30. on a m a z o n...
I might just have to do that. For the use it gets, I do t think I should be having any issues yet.

/ Coolant evaporating #14  
It is vented. I guess I’ll just add coolant, run it and look to see if it’s coming out somewhere on the tank. All connections seem to be fine on all clamps.
A common time to lose coolant is after it is fully warmed up and right after you shut it off. The temp spikes slightly after it is shut off (no circulation but engine hot) and you may spot the leak or drips (or smell coolant) 15 minutes after shut-down. Check at hose connections etc for a drip of coolant. It is common that a person may tighten the hose clamps slightly after it is a year old too.

/ Coolant evaporating #15  
:Our 73 Dodge 3/4 ton would lose koolent and never could find any
leakage took it in to the dealer and the problem was a head bolt
didn't seal and that solved the problem.

willy

/ Coolant evaporating
Check EVERY rad hose clamp point. My brand new RTV coolant level would never go down in the summer, but would always lose coolant in the winter, after use when it cooled down over night. Never a drip or puddle.
It took me many tries to finally find a hose connection that had some staining. I tightened clamp and it still kept getting a green stain. Sometimes you have to actually take them off, clean it a bit and reinstall.
I found a hose that had a little spot. There wasn’t a lot but it might be the culprit. I guess I’ll see what happens next.