Corded Leaf Blower

/ Corded Leaf Blower #11  
Eddie: Off topic, but you and your wife can share 1 Prime membership and save an extra monthly charge. You both will have separate charge accounts/payment methods. You tell Amazon who and what their email is, they send a notice to your added member, when they respond, you get a joint account. Can be anybody with the same delivery address.

/ Corded Leaf Blower
Thanks, I didn't know that!!!

/ Corded Leaf Blower #14  
Don't recall the brand, but we have a corded electric blower I bought for my mother to blow the leaves off her porch 25+ years ago. Still works great. No proprietary batteries to fool with.

/ Corded Leaf Blower
I thought we really needed a cordless one, but in all reality, we just use it to blow off the leaves and dog hair that gets on the porch. I put a screw in the wall to hang it by the outlet, and it takes about two minutes to grab it and clean off what's on the porch. The fact that it's so light and easy to use is probably why we like it so much!!!!

/ Corded Leaf Blower #16  
1716556122717.png

/ Corded Leaf Blower
Was that just now? I'm really struggling to figure out how the price is so much lower for some people, but not for me.

/ Corded Leaf Blower #18  
Was that just now? I'm really struggling to figure out how the price is so much lower for some people, but not for me.
Try searching with this string;

Sun Joe red leaf blower
If I search with the part number, I get much higher prices.

Amazon search is labyrinthine. It is not intended to make finding the cheapest item easy or straightforward, and selecting sort prices low to high removes many results, a number of quite relevant results in my experience. Amazon makes more money if the customer spends more...

(and don't discount FB, and what is in your cache/history)

All the best,

Peter

/ Corded Leaf Blower #19  
labyrinthine
That is the best description of it. I don't understand why they send me down the rabbit hole of showing me everything except what I just searched for. I tried looking for a shorter bushing for the PT cutter on Amazon, and basically gave up because Amazon's search is such a total pain, IMO. It's worth it to pay more at McMaster just to not go through the hassle.

I suspect Amazon has some of the best systems available, but why do they engineer their search to show me everything except what I searched for?

/ Corded Leaf Blower #20  
Because they have data that shows that people like you will spend more money if they show them something else first, or higher up in the rankings. Any listing that has a "sponsored" label has paid Amazon to be displayed higher on the results pages. So Amazon makes money just letting users wade through listings. Amazon is, I think, therefore incentivized at some level not to show the optimal rankings for the user to find what they want, but rather the results sorted by what will make Amazon the most money.

I've been known to go to Google and type in, say;

site:Amazon.com MR-13B drill sharpener​

and then pick through the results. I use that a lot for websites that have lousy search functions. Some of the sites that I use for hardware have really dysfunctional search functions.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited: