Cordless Tools vs. Other Options

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options
I still have a corded DeWalt drill that comes out on many occasions when I'm poking tons of holes or going through steel. It has never failed.

You all have done little to keep me from spending money on some newer 20V stuff. I'd stick with DeWalt as I've never had issues with their other stuff in the past. XR or ATOMIC??

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #52  
I have all Milwaukee 18v and 12v. I have used them for over 10 years now and they have been flawless. I use them daily, have never had a battery go bad thus far (although some that are a decade old are starting to show it). At this point I have so many batteries I never run out of power. Using Mitre saw, table saw, chainsaw, nail guns, angle grinders, circ saws, drills/impact/drivers, ratchet, sawzall....list goes on. Also even my 10 year old tools are still running fine. So far so good.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #54  
I still have a corded DeWalt drill that comes out on many occasions when I'm poking tons of holes or going through steel. It has never failed.

You all have done little to keep me from spending money on some newer 20V stuff. I'd stick with DeWalt as I've never had issues with their other stuff in the past. XR or ATOMIC??
Hang on for the new Powerstack.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #55  
The PC and now Kobalt and Ryobi hold their charges pretty well. Always keep a battery for each of them on the chargers.

Have a 120v drill for really heavy duty work but only use it for that. Cannot beat the portability of the battery tools. Now, stuff like lawn mowers and ZTs are good with batteries. Pretty soon, it'll be tractors. Would simplify things a lot. The Ryobi ZT and self-propelled mowers have no gear boxes and no belts. Tractors would just have motors on each wheel and for mid and rear PTOs. Could easily have motors for grapples and top links.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #56  
I had so many bad experiences with Kobalt. Drill bits breaking on soft metal. Battery vacuum that self destructed in use. Etc. That I will never buy that brand again. B&D also had some real fails early on in their battery line, stripped gears turning a small drill bit in wood.

I have the older Makita 9 and 12 v tools, they still work, get eebay batteries and use as my backup to the Milwaukee.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #57  
Would simplify things a lot. The Ryobi ZT and self-propelled mowers have no gear boxes and no belts. Tractors would just have motors on each wheel and for mid and rear PTOs. Could easily have motors for grapples and top links.
Would simply the question of weather or not to do your own maintenance for sure.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #58  
I had good experiences with early NiCad drill drivers.
We built a 60 x 200 foot all metal clad structure using but 2 Makita 9.8 stick driver drills and 4 batteries.
OK, it was cool weather so perhaps that helped charging and battery life.
One drill/battery combo usually lasted 'til break and next 'til lunch.

And I still have them but batteries no longer hold charges for long.

I'll admit my 'go to' these days is my 20 volt lithium driver drill kit by DeWalt.
For HD applications I still prefer corded tools, like hole hawg and power saws.

One sad recent occurrence is current trend that uses battery powered tools to facilitate the theft of catalytic converters. Modern crooks!

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #59  
If you would have told me in 1992 I could work half a day with a 50$ drill on one battery I would have said bullshit. Run hundreds of screws yesterday with 1.

/ Cordless Tools vs. Other Options #60  
I gave up on battery powered tools and went back to cords. I don't use any one tool enough to keep the batteries alive when I need them. The only problem I had was finding an impact driver that came with a cord. Ended up with a Makita.