Corn Price Jump

/ Corn Price Jump #31  
We always have; about 4 or 5 minutes in boiling water, right into sink with ice to cool quickly; into freezer on a cookie sheet, take out next day and vacuum pack about 4 ears to a package. Blanching supposedly kills the enzymes that convert the sugar in the corn to starch, which makes it retain its sweetness. It has always worked great for us, and the corn is exceptionally good.

I have heard of freezing without husking or blanching, but never tried it. I suppose it's worth an experiment with a few ears, but they will still have to be husked unless you cook them on the smoker or grill.

Thanks! If you’ve had success no reason I can’t follow your process.

I’m giving it a try.

MoKelly

/ Corn Price Jump #32  
When we do corn, we boil it in the outdoor propane turkey fryer tub. Boil it for 7 minutes then the ears go into cold water to stop cooking. We cut it off the ears and fill qt freezer containers with it......done. Most times the corn all comes in at the same time so we set up an assembly line with 2-4 people.

/ Corn Price Jump #33  
My corn is about as tall as the ears which some of you are eating. At the rate it's growing I should have a pretty good feed ready for Thanksgiving.

Your posts have made me start drooling though. 🤤