Corn Question????

/ Corn Question???? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hey I know this is a Tractor Forum and I should ask somewhere else but I am not a corn farmer and hey, Tractors and Farming usually go hand in hand so here it goes with all apologies. I just planted a bag of field corn to use and sell as fodder shocks in the fall, I bought the seed at rural king as it was available and I only needed one bag. I now have discovered after planting 2 acres a label on the bag, it that says treated with Alert 2500 (Nipsit INSIDE and Clothianidin and then at the bottom of the label says contains Metalaxyl????!!!. And it says pretty much don't use for feed and not to expose it to water/Aquatic or environments. Well, I didn't plant it in a swamp thank goodness:oops:! however, can I use it for animal feed if I pick the ears in the fall? and what about the fodder any exposure risk from this stuff at point of harvest........? just need a corn grower/expert to give me some dummed down answers thank you all for your time.

/ Corn Question???? #3  
Why do we not split this site into two part as "Real tractors and agricultre" and "Toy tractors club".

Farmers like the OP and me and some others striving to make a contribution to the World get lost in daily gossip of retiree elders.
Because 90% or more of the commenters on here belong to the latter.

/ Corn Question???? #4  
Why do we not split this site into two part as "Real tractors and agricultre" and "Toy tractors club".

Farmers like the OP and me and some others striving to make a contribution to the World get lost in daily gossip of retiree elders.
This site is split into several different sub-forums.

Several are "real tractor and ag". There are a few brand specific AG tractor forums. As well as a general "ag tractor and Machinery" forum under related equipment.

But just as this post proves.....it would be a lost cause to split it further. As this very post was posted in a buying/pricing/comparison forum. So even if there was a sub-forum specific for planting field corn.....there is no guarantee this post would have showed up there

/ Corn Question???? #5  

Get over yourself. Real people don’t try to belittle others.

MoKelly

/ Corn Question???? #6  
What's the big fuss???? People who own tractors usually
plant things to eat right??????? So what's the beef asking
questions here about planting crops or food or whatever????
Perhaps some people want to know things and we can learn
from what others are doing etc!
We are suppose to be helping others we really don't need
CRITICS!!!

willy

/ Corn Question???? #7  
JMO but I only consider food crop producers as "real farmers"...
all those hay guys are just grass growers on steroids who like to play farmer...!

/ Corn Question????
Ok guys, just to sort some of the responses I have got from my end, First thank you for taking the time to reply, Second, I looked for an appropriate subtitle to post it in and came up with nothing so I gave it a shot in this forum. Third, I agree with the forum/site being here so we can help each other learn whether it be buying pricing owning operating or just plan I like X color! heck, I bet a lot of the so called professional farmers on here have learned something from a post or two if they actually have read any of them! I also bank that at least one of the new so called glorified gardeners have learned something too. And as for producing the food for sale I done over 5 tons of pumpkins last year and sold them all roadside. I also have raised and sold over 5,000 cabbage heads the past 2 years and sold most of them through my local food hub to grocery stores all over the east coast. I do the glorified grass farming on steroids too! I baled and sold over 20 acres of hay last year, and did I mention I have a full time off the farm 60+ hour a week job....this is the typical farmer in my area, not the 3000 acre 5th generation farmer who doesn't care about anything but commodity costs being up or down at time of the sale.

now back to my question.....is the end harvested corn I planted good to feed to livestock?

/ Corn Question???? #10  
Yes you can feed it. Just a little late in the season to plant though. Most of the corn around here is starting to tassel.