Corona Virus #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Corona Virus #6 #91  
Been our opinion for the last 40 years ! :D

enhance

Love TN

When I retired it was on my short list of places to move to. But with family in Canada and MI it was tough to do. Love my rural place in MI and I do not mind the snow and cold too much yet.

Beautiful place you have.

/ Corona Virus #6 #93  
I keep hearing all the talk about lack of testing and lack of test kits and can't understand why that's being made into such a big issue. There's no specific treatment for Covid-19, so why does it matter if it's specifically diagnosed? If you fall ill (regardless of what it's from), a doctor or hospital is going to treat to ease whatever symptoms have presented themselves and are causing distress, whether it's high fever, respiratory distress, sore throat etc.

Other than knowing if it's a bacterial (so antibiotic treatments can start) or viral ailment, does it really matter? Am I missing something?

/ Corona Virus #6 #94  
Here in Portugal, we've been having a 25 to 30% increase in Covid cases per day. It's now 12AM, that time of the day we got an update on the official numbers and it slightly reduced to a 20% increase, which doesn't mean much yet.

This is a small country (10M people), so numbers are small but still alarming when you see irresponsible people everywhere not respecting the quarantine requests from the Government.

We're are 1280 confirmed Covid cases, 9854 unconfirmed cases, 12 Deaths and 5 fully recovered.

/ Corona Virus #6 #95  
so why does it matter if it's specifically diagnosed?

, does it really matter? Am I missing something?

Numbers. The numbers matter. Everyone is assuming a high mortality rate because of the available numbers, which are most likely wrong due to a lack of comprehensive testing. The more 'minor' cases identified, the ones that show fewer or no serious effects, the faster that magic number will drop and the sooner the hysteria will end.

/ Corona Virus #6 #96  
I keep hearing all the talk about lack of testing and lack of test kits and can't understand why that's being made into such a big issue. There's no specific treatment for Covid-19, so why does it matter if it's specifically diagnosed? If you fall ill (regardless of what it's from), a doctor or hospital is going to treat to ease whatever symptoms have presented themselves and are causing distress, whether it's high fever, respiratory distress, sore throat etc.

Other than knowing if it's a bacterial (so antibiotic treatments can start) or viral ailment, does it really matter? Am I missing something?

Yeah, what you're missing is that people with the virus should isolate themselves from those without. If you're "just ill", then you can still do the normal stuff with some precautions like you'd take with a cold. If you have COVID-19, then you REALLY should be fully quarantined so you don't give it to me.

Further, your county health officials will want to know who you've had contact with in the days before testing positive. If I shook hands with you a day before you tested, then the county will let me know so I don't go and prepare dinner for my elderly parents.

Last edited:
   / Corona Virus #6 #97  
Yeah, what you're missing is that people with the virus should isolate themselves from those without. If you're "just ill", then you can still do the normal stuff with some precautions like you'd take with a cold. If you have COVID-19, then you REALLY should be fully quarantined so you don't give it to me.

Bingo !

/ Corona Virus #6 #98  

Right on!

Unfortunately, there lots of people that still can't quite understand that.

CNH Industrial just announced a shutdown for two weeks.

In Spain, they are already choosing between who lives and who dies. Pretty much like Italy had to do.

/ Corona Virus #6 #99  
They started shutting stuff down here a week ago, so will be another week before you see the results of that. Stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.