Cost of being a good citizen?

/ Cost of being a good citizen? #72  
Sir I hope you believe me when I say I don't intend to offend you. You are correct,EPA and CPS can shut anything down and leave it up to the agrieved (if the action was wrongful) to prove the action wasn't for good reason. When I told the water control board which has EPA at their disposal that floodwaters could wash pollutants from my buildings and carry them to reservoir 5 miles away,they said that would make me the violator. Almost every household has properly stored material that would be washed away by floodwater. Fertilizer,herbicides,pseticides,oil,grease,paint,solvents,gasoline and tires not on a vehicle to name a few.

Having dealt with the EPA, that makes sense. I was in oil and coal business so know full well how they operate.

A rancher south of me was cited for having a cow pasture water run into a dry creek bed during heavy rains. Were talking a huge pasture that was never overgrazed.

The real issue was his pasture was trespassed by the EPA. The pasture in question was off the beaten path. I'm in favor of protecting our environment but that nonsense doesn't hold water (pardon the pun).

/ Cost of being a good citizen? #73  
Q - What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

A - One is a scum sucking bottom dweller and the other is a fish.

/ Cost of being a good citizen? #74  
Having dealt with the EPA, that makes sense. I was in oil and coal business so know full well how they operate.

A rancher south of me was cited for having a cow pasture water run into a dry creek bed during heavy rains. Were talking a huge pasture that was never overgrazed.

The real issue was his pasture was trespassed by the EPA. The pasture in question was off the beaten path. I'm in favor of protecting our environment but that nonsense doesn't hold water (pardon the pun).
Something similar happened near me a few years ago. Developers bought land near a registered Angus breeder and built multi-million dollar homes. Homeowners complained of flies ,odors and bawling cattle. HOA kept pressure on until EPA got involved. No violation was cited in regard to HOA complaints but they cost rancher alot of money trying to comply with water regulations. Homeowners still have flies,there's still odors in air, cows still bawl and EPA showed who is boss.

/ Cost of being a good citizen? #77  
Now what to do with my other two guesses... :unsure:
Save one for a rainy day and use the other for this. Where do I sometimes want to tell them to put liability? 🤬

/ Cost of being a good citizen? #79