Cost of Maintenance

/ Cost of Maintenance #1  

odleefs

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 Bobcat/Toolcat 5600T C, 2000 Yamaha Grizzly
Dear Fellow Toolcat Owners,
I am slightly past due for my 50 hr fluid changes and look over by my Bobcat dealer, but it is scheduled. I have a slow hydraulic fluid leak, but as of yet no other issues! (Knock on wood . . . a Pagan I am not, but if it works!)
I just wanted to know of what I can expect, cost wise.
Steve
PS My dealer is letting me demo their Landscape rake for getting it serviced there!

/ Cost of Maintenance #2  
Parts and labor for my 50 hr check/preventive maintenance ran around $180 a few years ago through the field maintenance dept. of my dealer, Bobcat Enterprises Cincinnati. (They came to my farm.) I watched as the work was done, and now I order the parts and do the PM myself...saves a few bucks!

Dean

/ Cost of Maintenance
Thanks Dean
I will post the details of my TC once completed. My unit was also going to be serviced "in the field", but my dealer suggested that having my TC picked up due the hydraulic leak and having it serviced at the dealership.
Steve

PS For all who wish to get in a Toolcat, check out http://www.irusedequipment.com/web/...CategoryInfo/isBreadcrumbRequired=notRequired It is a great website for lightly used Toolcats...they will save you ~ 10K

Last edited:
   / Cost of Maintenance #4  
My dealer included the 50 hour service with pick up to shop in the purchase price of my unit. I'm not up to the next service point yet so don't have info on what that cost will be.

/ Cost of Maintenance
Fellow Toolcats and WBs,
Finally got the bill for my scheduled 50 hour maintenance...96 bucks!!!
That is less than I expected and I got use of a demo 6B Landscape rake to boot. Highway Equipment and Supply is a great dealership to deal with!
Steve

/ Cost of Maintenance #6  
My 50-hour was included in the price of the Toolcat, but maybe you get what you pay for. They didn't pick up on the fact that my auxiliary hydraulic pump was screwed up. After using the mower deck a few times (they delivered the mower with the Toolcat after the 50-hour check), it stopped working properly and I was having problems with my grapple not opening at the same speed as closing.

I had the dealer pick up the unit last week to get it repaired and they brought it back to me the next day saying they couldn't find anything wrong. I them showed the delivery guy that although the mower spindles rotated, they didn't turn fast enough to actually cut grass, so back the Toolcat went. They then figured out the pump was bad, but of course by then the Labor Day weekend was here and I'm still waiting to get it back. I haven't been able to mow for over two weeks.

I'm beginning to wonder if the service guys at my dealer know what they're doing. I would have thought that they would call me when they didn't find anything the first time, rather than just bringing the unit back. I could have told them what to look for.

/ Cost of Maintenance #7  
They should have immediately known that something was defective with either your hydraulic pump, the pressure relief valve or the spool valve when you told them about the problems associated with poor operation of both the mower and the grapple.