Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #21  
Again, how do you, vs someone else, measure that talent? As you say, it’s not popularity, two people will give two different results in any measurement of talent, which is just another word for their subjective opinion.
To quote Milli Vanilli: “Girl, you know it’s true!”

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #22  
Again, how do you, vs someone else, measure that talent? As you say, it’s not popularity, two people will give two different results in any measurement of talent, which is just another word for their subjective opinion.
Obviously it's somewhat subjective...music is a form of art and as they say it's in the eye/ear of the beholder...!

Have you ever heard the term "musical genius"...it applies to many in the music industry past and present...but at the same time there are less talented (genius) "artists" that enjoy as much popularity as those who are much more proficient...

Take a minimally talented singer/songwriter like ozzy osborn and compare him to someone like Jeff Lynn...there is no comparison but the former's public popularity is not garnered from his musical talent ...where the latter is revered by a majority of his peers and those in the industry...

BTW...I have a stack of concert ticket stubs that may number close to a 100...but I prefer quality over quantity...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #23  
Obviously it's somewhat subjective...music is a form of art and as they say it's in the eye/ear of the beholder...!

Have you ever heard the term "musical genius"...it applies to many in the music industry past and present...but at the same time there are less talented (genius) "artists" that enjoy as much popularity as those who are much more proficient...

Take a minimally talented singer/songwriter like ozzy osborn and compare him to someone like Jeff Lynn...there is no comparison but the former's public popularity is not garnered from his musical talent ...where the latter is revered by a majority of his peers and those in the industry...

BTW...I have a stack of concert ticket stubs that may number close to a 100...but I prefer quality over quantity...
Who's Jeff Lynn?

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #25  
Agreed... I was never much of a Queen fan, but one can not dispute the talent and genius that was Freddie Mercury.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #26  
   / Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #29  
...two people will give two different results in any measurement of talent...

Ever heard the term "a good judge of character"?...some folks are and some folks aren't...it's the same with judging talent...talent is not a matter of opinion...that's popularity...

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #30  
Ever heard the term "a good judge of character"?...some folks are and some folks aren't...it's the same with judging talent...talent is not a matter of opinion...that's popularity...
You're forgetting about the talent to entertain. Knowing how to work an audience is a talent unto itself. Once you achieve that first, then you may become popular.