Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT?

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #11  
Has anyone actually looked at the cost of making electricity? Unless you are making your own you are paying way more than you are for diesel. The break-even point on solar cells might be as much as 5 - 6 years. Until then you haven稚 saved a penny. Remember, also, that energy is always lost in any conversion and transmission process. Diesel comes off the bottom of the distillery. It is the easiest and cheapest to make. It has more BTU per volume than gasoline or natural gas. Remember, also, that any DC politician spews out more noxious fumes than any diesel engine.

I have all the electricity I need 24 hours a day 365 days a year for an initial cost of $3600 and for a yearly set of brushes, a set of bearings every 3 years and have had for 25 years from a water wheel. Even if you have no wind, water, or solar power available(unlikely you wouldnt have at least one of them partially) A diesel generator, a few batteries, and an inverter, you can make pretty cheap electricity. I guess cheap is relative,almost anything is cheaper than paying .26 a kilowatt hour.

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #13  
...and costs the most at the pump. What is that all about?

Not all crude is suitable for making diesel. An even smaller amount is suitable for making low sulfur diesel.

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #14  
An plug-in hybrid electric tractor is probably inevitable.
I love the smell of "clean coal" in the morning!
The airborn mercury does wonders for the corn.

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #15  
Last edited:
   / Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #16  
I personally(after reading this article), would watch very carefully which scientist I rely on for information.

And as to mercury............buy a few more squiggly, curly-cue, light bulbs...........and dispose of them in lanfills:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #17  
Electric engines and batteries are absolutely abysmal when the temps dunk below the big doughnut. Those of you who live in the northern states or Canada know exactly what I mean. I've driven electric forklifts for years in the plant, but that's in the plant! Also, those big, heavy, expensive batteries do wear out eventually, and I, for one, would rather not want to deal with that kind of cost and disposal.

You can have your hybrid, I'll keep my diesel!

Joe

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #18  
An plug-in hybrid electric tractor is probably inevitable.
I love the smell of "clean coal" in the morning!
The airborn mercury does wonders for the corn.
You are 45 miles from the nearest coal fired plant( CT only has 2)..............The chances of you smelling /seeing/tasting anything are lodged squarely at a minus 100!!!!!!! And there ain't no way it's affecting your corn............but if'n ya wanna get on a roll.............I'll tell you what to investigate.

Why do they not allow GMO foods across the big pond, and why has there been consecutive executive orders NOT allowing GMO crops to be evaluated by the FDA here in the good ole USA????

If you dig deep enough...........it will scare the crap out of you!!!!!

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #19  
I just read that Costco is removing their car charging outlets because nobody but Al Gore was using them. They were probably sick of him dimming their lights when he plugged in his SUV.. :laughing:

/ Countdown to Plug in Hybrid CUT? #20  
Seems like we can't have a discussion anymore without political potshots.

:confused2: