County covid vax data breached

/ County covid vax data breached #21  
Having a unique ID for people is a hard problem. There are duplicate SSNs for example.

Huh? Duplicate social security numbers?

I don’t think so. The SS website says they have issued 450 million unique numbers to date and can go several more generations without having to reuse old numbers from folks already deceased.

MoKelly

/ County covid vax data breached #22  
Yes, there are duplicate SS numbers in circulation. I work for a Fortune 500 financial services company, and we see duplicates a few times a year. We work with the Social Security Administration to confirm the numbers, and they have confirmed it. As efficient as the Federal government is, they do mess up every now and then. (Sarcasm intended)

/ County covid vax data breached #23  
Huh? Duplicate social security numbers?

I don’t think so. The SS website says they have issued 450 million unique numbers to date and can go several more generations without having to reuse old numbers from folks already deceased.

MoKelly
A gov agency not telling the truth.. say it ain't so.

/ County covid vax data breached #24  
A gov agency not telling the truth.. say it ain't so.
The SS admin isn't lying. They don't issue duplicate SS numbers. What causes duplicate SS numbers is people typo'ing the numbers on documents, then people get associated with multiple numbers, or, numbers get associated with multiple people.